Thursday, December 7, 2023

Advent Prayer Service

I will be volunteering for the upcoming Christmas Fiesta. I am glad that the person contacted me again November because initially I asked her to contact me again October to ensure that I would not be overseas during the Christmas and New Year period. I lost her contact when I switched to new phone and she did not contact me in October. Hence I thought she had enough volunteers.

There was a prayer of commissioning for the volunteers at the end of the Advent Prayer Service and hence the team decided to have briefing for volunteers at the end of the Service. My original was plan was to go gym at 530pm, had dinner at SMU and the go for the Service. However, one of the potential interior designer (ID) asked to meet so I changed my plans: meet her, then go for daily evening Mass at Holy Spirit, before going to Cathedral. I was considering to eat dinner first since I was already late and I thought I might as well be even late-r. I decided not to eat dinner and I was about 15 minutes late.

I do not know what I missed but I think I was not too "late" and perhaps only missed the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament since they were starting the Vespers when I arrived. It was followed with Rosary and the Gospel Reading and Homily since it is the Eve of the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception tonight. I was quite paiseh to stand during the prayer of commissioning, especially since there was no one else standing around where I sat. In the end I stood since after all that was my purpose of attending.

After the nightmarish experience of organising retreat last month, I was very pleased with the atmosphere during the volunteers' briefing. I felt that everyone was there to serve and noone showed any 'air' of superiority or self-centeredness. I am very excited that I get to do F&B this time, rather than hospitality duty. Hehe... I will be at the appetiser booth which will serve kueh pie tee, ice cream and some jelly drink. My main concern is about wearing mask haha... Chin guard will be provided and that's all that I need to hear.

No comments: