Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter

After few years of COVID, finally this is the Easter when I can participate physically at Church. It is always nice to see a more crowded than usual Mass attendance (which is the typical for Easter and Christmas). However, I was super annoyed today with the latecomers. Not only they disrupted me since they had to squeeze in after the Mass began, the parents on my left could not control their noisy kid. Grr... These are actually normal occurrences but I was just exceptionally annoyed today since due to the crowd, everyone was seated more closely to one another than usual.

In contrast to previous years, I felt my Good Friday was more solemn and meaningful this year. I did not attend the 3pm service which typically would be the most crowded. I went for the 12pm service and for the first time, I happily went for the Stations of the Cross at 1130am. Previously I always found it annoying having to come earlier for Good Friday service and always considered going for the Stations as only a mean to get a seat.

My guilt of completely butchering this year's Lent abstinence also contributes to the intention of at least making the Good Friday and Easter count. It is unfortunate that after I came back, there are promotions of $8.50 for 2 bags of Kettles and $8.50 for 2 bags of Ruffles. Since I already failed my abstinence from the second week of Lent, there is no reason to miss these promotions just for the last few days of Lent. Hahaha.. On the bright side, now I change my aim to completely avoid the potato chips until November because I want to be slim when I go to the Holy Land. In order to make this work, I will avoid tempting myself and will avoid walking to the potato chips aisles altogether.

I hope this is successful for at least one month before I continue with avoiding those bottled tea and coffee drinks until November too. I suspect they are another reason for my weight gain and they are also another Lenten abstinence that I failed to keep.

Easter is supposed to be a time of repentance and resurrection from sin and death. Sadly, I think I am beyond hope. Instead of repenting, I actually pray that I can quickly die in order to enjoy the resurrection. After all, how to  join Jesus in his resurrection if I have not died to begin with.

No comments: