Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Statues binge!

I have sort of lost track with toys collection, especially with all the production delays thanks to COVID. However, it seemed that COVID is over now and things are getting back to normal. Somehow this morning was the first time -after a looong time- a Tsume-related post appeared on my facebook newsfeed. The pre-order for HQS+ Ikki just started yesterday and although I did not collect HQS+, that post poked me to check out if there have been other development. To my horror, I missed Aries Mu HQS whose pre-order opened in late January and was already sold out, including in the local shop (Figmation) where I have been getting my Tsume statues of.

As I was searching for alternative toy shop, I even came across other licensed Saint Seiya statues. I was tempted to get Aries Mu from Zodiakos, which also comes with Kiki, as an alternative since I missed Tsume HQS. Thank God, Figmation was somehow able to find me a pre-order slot so I managed to get one.

I also found out that Tsume also had the pre-orders for Ikigai series of Virgo Shaka and Alioth Epsilon Fenrir in December last year. Like wow.. suddenly there are so many incoming things. I am not interested in the no famous character such as this Fenrir who I cannot even remember in which arc he appears. Lol. Virgo Shaka HQS is the very first Tsume statue I own and I do not intend to collect duplicate. Nonetheless, I decided to also get the Ikigai since my HQS statue is already in a bad state due to its age as well as the older technology and material to produce it. The gold cloth has lost its shimmer (even though it is displayed in exactly same table as my other Saint Seiya HQS statues). When I am dusting, I know some parts are coming apart thanks to somehow its very heavy torso. As I mentioned, older technology. In case the HQS is really a goner, at least I have the Ikigai as a replacement. Since it was also already sold out, I would not be too upset if I could not get one but Figmation was able to find an extra stock for me too. Hehe..

Unfortunately, the search for Aries Mu HQS also resulted in collateral damages. It made me discover other shops and miscellaneous garage kits. Bleah.. I never looked into garage kits anymore after my disastrious attempt 1 and attempt 2 few years ago. Sigh too bad I am so into Genshin Impact nowadays that I don't mind taking a chance with garage kits again. Let's see how they turn out.

It is so scary how I just blew few thousands within a day, despite many months of not looking and buying toys. This reminds me of my Lenten failure again: tahan all the temptations for several days and they all come back with a vengeance once I fail to resist.

No comments: