Sunday, November 8, 2020

Ruined plans

This week turned to be a complete opposite of what I set to do. I ended up eating one pack of potato chips every single day and I wrapped up the week with McD for lunch yesterday. I also added the Hershey's Sundae which is currently in the menu and I also bought instant noodles for dinner. There is no more excuse to repeat the same failings for this coming week onwards. I received an encouragement that my working clothes looked oversized which means my weight loss has been successful. Sadly instead of making me more eager to continue with the weight loss, I lowered my guard this week.

The rain completely ruined my plan to take photos with Doraemon today. It was raining since I woke up at 630am. The rain got lighter and the sun was out that I took a gamble to still go in the hope of the rain stopping by the time I reached National Museum of Singapore. Instead of reaching at 10am as planned, I reached 15 minutes later and there were already quite a lot of people there. Haiz I thought Doraemon would not be that popular. Not too long after that, it started to drizzle again and they closed the area with Doraemon at the grass patch. I decided to wait it out by looking at other things inside the museum but the rain did not stop. Doraemon and I always do not go together with rain. It was also raining when I went to find Doraemon at Takaoka last year. At least the rain stopped by the time I reached the park and I managed to take photos without umbrella and all that.

No choice but to return on another day. I ask my friend to accompany again sometime on a weekday. I am not a fan of Doraemon. I suppose because of covid and the feeling of being cooped up at home for so long make this Doraemon exhibition more exciting than usual. I especially cut my hair earlier than usual this week so that I do not look too ugly in photos today. I have to cut again next month since it is going to be ugly again. Sian.. I also wasted one pitta mask today. I wore it so that I did not look too ugly in case I could not take off the mask if there were a lot of people.

Talking about Pitta mask, this mask is indeed not meant for health purpose. After getting used to wearing 3-ply medical masks almost daily for the past few months, pitta mask does not actually press on the nose that much. It is much easier to breathe although my glasses will still fog. I remember when I wore it at Disneyland last year to protect my face from the winter air, I felt it was quite difficult to breathe. Pitta mask also does not 'suffocate' the mouth so it is quite okay to put it on after food. Yesterday I was so irritated after the McD lunch as I had to put on my mask before walking to the sink to wash my mouth and I felt that it was contaminating the mask.

On the way back, I dropped by at Robinsons in Raffles City. The closing down sale is a fake news. 5%-20% off is like normal sale. I thought I would 'support' by buying some underwears, which I need, but with only 5%-10%, I think it is better for me to wait for 11.11 or Christmas sale elsewhere.

No comments: