Sunday, November 1, 2020

False anticipation

I am not a big fan and I could not be bothered about A380 restaurant by Singapore Airlines as much as those who waited past midnight to compete for the reservation. All were sold out within less than half an hour and SIA added a second weekend. I still did not bother. Last week was the first weekend and after reading the reviews, one of the blogs I follow wrote that there were still limited spaces available, mostly single seats. That got me excited but alas, it was just a 'waiting list' and in the end, I was not contacted. Huhuhu T_T If it is just food for $53.50, I could easily pass but after reading the blogs, I got excited with the pre-boarding activity as there is a caricature draw. I even planned for my 'heritage' attire so that I could get a free umbrella. Haiz.. Oh well it did not happen. What made me less emo is to know that this weekend ended up fully booked as well. I feel a bit lazy if there are so many people.

The monthly spending on food and grocery serves as a proxy of my weight. My food expenses for October is the highest since May. That is worrying because in May, I was still still ordering lunch delivery. I stopped my Deliveroo Plus in June and since then I rarely ordered food delivery anymore. My grocery expenses for October is as high as July when I was still buying Yakult to help with my bowel movement. I already stop that and I no longer buy red dragonfruits after the price increase which means that the spending is mostly caused by potato chips and those bottled drinks.

I am very happy that I managed to resist the gluttony temptation in these past few days with the excuse to 'celebrate' my anniversary of coming here. With October just ended and Christmas is just around the corner, it is time to renew my diet commitment: to avoid bubble tea, potato chips, bottle drinks and fast food and to cut down on food delivery. Yesterday I managed to resist bubble tea for lunch but I was so hungry and wanted to Grab for dinner. Luckily because of the bad weather, the options from Grab were limited and I ended up not ordering. Today, however, was not that successful. I went out today so I had a burger from Monster Curry. I usually avoid Monster Curry since their serving size is too big for me but this burger is a new menu. I finished my lunch at around 12pm and yet I was hungry again at around 4pm. I ate the last cup of instant noodles in my room and I am now hungry again for dinner. I have a $4 off voucher in Grab which has been tempting me since yesterday so I just decided for once and for all to just use it tonight for dinner. I hope this is going to get rid of the temptation to order any delivery just to make use of vouchers subsequently.

I went out to Suntec to collect my Singapore Mint orders. I realised that I have not been past Takashimaya leisurely for almost a year after realising that Decathlon now exists in Centrepoint. Last year when I was looking for my ski warm attire at Decathlon, there was no Centrepoint branch yet. I also just knew that Marina Mandarin Hotel has been re-branded to Parkroyal now. Wow..

For the ongoing Doraemon Time Travelling Adventure Exhibition at the National Museum of Singapore, I was thinking of getting a Doraemon-themed t-shirt from Uniqlo. I did not buy in the end as the price is $19.90 for Doraemon line.  Wew -_-" That is 1/3x more expensive than the Disney line or the manga line while I am not really a fan of Doraemon.

I thought I could see the Doraemon on the bus on my way to Suntec. I mistook Singapore Arts Museum (the one opposite Cathedral) as National Museum of Singapore which turns out to be the one near YMCA. I ended up calling the museum to ask if I have to wait until the official opening hours to take photos with the Doraemon statues at the field outside the museum. The person answering was a rude uncle. It looks like I have to pray that I will be lucky with both the weather and the crowd as I cannot go early :( The rude bastard said there would be security guard stopping people from entering before the opening hours. Oh well at least I got my answer.

Today happens to be the All Saints Day. It was a good thing that I was busy in the morning as the usual Sunday Mass livecast was having some technical problems. The video was still not up when I was going to watch at around 3pm. Thus I ended up watching the Mass by Church of St Mary of the Angels. That was my first time since I have been only following the Mass from the Cathedral. The duration is shorter (~40 minutes) but I find the pace quite fast. I prefer the slower pace of the Cathedral but I guess when I am pressed for time, I have an alternative.

Lastly, I finally decided to register for physical Mass attendance. I think it is no longer acceptable to use an excuse of trying to avoid crowd as I am already going to gym, going to Orchard and going to office as close as usual already. Seeing that the 7am Sunday Mass will be at the main church makes me even happier. Hehe.. Each person is still limited to one weekend Mass per month so just nice to choose a 'special' Sunday which is the feast of the Christ the King which marks the end of Church calendar. Christmas is in December so let's see how the arrangement will be for next month. Meanwhile, I am feeling damn sian as tomorrow is my turn to report to office again. Bleah..

No comments: