Sunday, December 15, 2019

Weekend of shopping

I completed all the staff appraisal that I need to complete this week. The good thing was that I did not need to do my usual work for most of the week. The bad thing was how mentally draining it was. Naturally I am not a positive person so it was tough to keep up a positive front throughout. Luckily these people are much better and more positive compared to the staff in my previous job. I felt that I was really doing a performance review instead of doing an 'agony aunt' session.

Miraculously I was 64kg when I weighed myself a few times this week. It was a miracle considering I finished the whole tub of Udders in one seating as dinner on Wednesday. I won't be curious anymore about Udders' mao shan wang since I could not taste any durian flavour. I also finished the Golden Moments which turns out to be more shiok than Udders but something that I will not crave again. This was a good encouragement for me to somehow be able to reach 62kg before my trip next week and I tried to control my diet this week. But somehow I ended up with 66kg again today.

This weekend has been a shopping spree for me. I cannot remember how long it has been since the last time I am out for the whole weekend for shopping. On Friday I noticed that my left shoe was coming apart from the sole it was time for replacement. I realise that nowadays most shoes are made of cloth materials and when it is raining like for this whole past week, the likelihood for it to get wet and drenched is high. It is almost impossible to find shoes with more of the leather or synthetic parts. I found one in Asics at Plaza Singapura but there was no size for me. I checked out various shoes shop at Novena as well. I was even considering if I should get Geox which costs $300-ish compared to $100-ish shoes from the usual sports brands. In the end I found a Reebok bright green shoes at Junction 8. I went to the same shop on Friday but I did not see this. Otherwise it would save me all the hassle yesterday. It is still mostly cloth but since it is bright green and after discount it is only $60+, it was a no brainer decision for me.
Thank you for accompanying me in the last 3+ years, even to Australia, Japan, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand.
This is the green colour I have been wishing for :D
I was looking for Christmas present for office colleagues. It seemed that all stars were aligned since I found cute webcam covers from Typo. I want to avoid giving perishables or handsoap and I am thinking of something more practical such as office stationery. Initially I was thinking of 2020 diary or planner but they were too expensive. While browsing through the stationery shops, I saw cute cable organisers and these webcam covers. I think most people may already have cable organisers and that's why I decided on webcam covers.

The most important shopping that I did was for a new digital camera. Previously they are called compact camera but nowadays they are referred as digital still camera. My current camera is already 6 years old, in fact it is 7 years old since the model was released, so it is time to upgrade. I want a new camera with a reasonable price and that seems impossible to find. Those at $300-$400 range are generally 3 years in the market while those released in the past year is generally $500-600. I am quite anal about more recent release because nowadays manufacturers are irresponsible with the product support. When products have been in the market for 3-5 years, they may not be service-able anymore or the servicing costs may be as good as buying a new replacement altogether.

After much deliberation, my decision goes to Sony Cybershot DSC-HX 99. I bought it online at Harvey Norman because it offered an additional 10% discount for 12.12 to a total of $539.10. It came with zero bonus and I made a mistake of not checking Sony store which is giving a memory card and camera case. While the additional $59.90 discount is definitely more worth it, there is PWP offer at Sony store for the battery for $35. I think that is a deal breaker since the original price is $79. Now I have to find one from carousell or I will have to go to Japan without spare battery :( Now I also have to look for screen protector and camera pouch. Aaaargh.... I am distracted and missing out of all these things because of blood donation.

Today I spent 2 hours at the blood bank. That is the longest I have ever waited. I don't know if it is due to year-end period when stock is usually slow or if there are other reasons. I reached about 11am+ and seeing so many people, I went to eat lunch first. After that it was still as crowded and I went to Millenia Walk to collect camera first. I reached back at about 115pm and it was still crowded. I decided to just queue rather than coming back tomorrow. I should not be complaining because when I had small talk with the staff, they shared that yesterday's crowd was worse with the queue even going out of the blood bank glass door. Kudos to the staff who despite of the crowd did not seem to rush with the processes. Kudos to the donors as well who were not deterred by the crowd and still came in to donate.

I usually prefer sun to rain since it is troublesome to carry umbrella. However, I do not mind the weather for this past week: the rain is not heavy type and it helps to cool down the weather to below 25 degrees for most of the days. Aaah.. if only this type of cool weather can last in Singapore. The nice weather did not deter me from feeling super irritated with a staff at Typo and at the blood bank with their rudeness. I am in a dilemma between sending complaint emails to teach this bitch and asshole a lesson VS being forgiving and just let these off.

No comments: