Monday, December 23, 2019

Japan Trip Day 1: Tokyo

I managed to wake up at 438am today despite my first alarm was set at 410am. Lucky I still managed to wake up though. I thought I forgot to bring my Priority Pass so I did not go to the lounge but explored Changi Airport for Frozen 2 stuff. I went to T2 for the giant Olaf figure and then back to T3 where the main 'exhibition' is located. It was also an opportunity for me to try my new camera. This new camera is quicker and more responsive but despite having a selfie mode, I still do not have the skills for selfies. Because of these, I was quite rushing to the gate. On top of that, I forgot to buy a souvenir for the tour guide so I got to grab something at the airport.

I have another reason to avoid flying a morning flight: families with small kids. I could not sleep and rest well during the flight as the row in front of me had a kid who kept whining since even before the plane took off. Bleah.. I ended up watching Shazam! (which I did not catch in the cinema) and Avengers Endgame. I did not complete Toy Story 4 but so far I found it boring and I don't think I will continue on the return flight. I somehow managed to find a better seat compared to the seat I pre-booked yesterday. It was not at the back, at the aisle, and the neighbouring seat was empty so I got to stretch my legs. It is my first time sitting in economy for A350 plane and I think the toilet is slightly more spacious than the older planes.

I waited for about an hour for the Airport Limousine bus to bring me to Hilton Tokyo Bay. Unfortunately, Hilton was the last hotel so it took another hour from the first stop at Tokyo Disney Resort. It would be faster if I alighted at the first stop and took the Disney Resort Line. I reached at almost 7pm and after leaving my luggage, I went to Ikspiari and Bon Voyage. For the fist time, I managed to get the Disney Resort Line pass with the design that I really want. I did not find anything interesting at Disney Store in Ikspiari. I saw Christmas Tomica cars but I decided to buy tomorrow or at Christmas inside Disneyland or Disneysea.
The official Christmas logo for Tokyo Disneyland this year and as bonus, the expiry date is the Christmas Day.
I met my sister at Ikspiari and had dinner at Outback. We left to return to hotel at about 9pm and the hotel convenience store already ran out of the big bottles of mineral water. There were still a lot when I checked the store before I left earlier.

Since I had no reference from the previous winter trip in 2017, for this visit I shall be recording my attire for future reference. Lol. Today is about 10 degrees (according to announcement in the plane prior to lending). My normal long pants (without any inner pants) were not good enough. For the tops, I wore heat tech signlet + normal shirt + fleece jacket + ultra light down to keep me warm.

No comments: