Sunday, December 22, 2019

Flying off tomorrow

It looks like that I am getting older and lazier to prepare for my trips. I only started packing on Friday night and only finished today. It is not a norm for me to fly on a Monday and this time is simply because of the ticket price. Usually I will fly on weekday evening or Saturday morning and this new level of procrastination, I wonder how I will be preparing for my future trips.

Packing aside, in the end I also did not manage to really plan as detailed as I would like. Usually I would print maps so at least I know where to walk from the train station to the hotels and to know how to go to the places that I want to visit. I did not have the time and energy to do these this time. God bless me.

Preparing for winter is really stressing me up. I cannot remember how many layers I needed for my previous winter trip and I only remember it was only for below 10 degrees and it was very cold. It keeps bothering me how I am going to survive below 0 degrees as I will be going to snowy area. I was tempted to get another layer to put on yesterday but I decided to just get it in Japan if I really cannot tahan the cold. Lucky I did not buy or else my luggage will definitely not fit. I ended up buying another pair of jeans yesterday. My size was not available for Uniqlo heat tech jeans so I bought a wind proof jeans instead for $39.90. To be honest that is more than what I normally pay for jeans but now it is sort of desperation. My current jeans are generally bright in colours so if they get wet or dirty and I do not have the opportunity to wash, I will be running out of jeans. This is why I am specifically looking for a black jeans this time so that at least the dirt or wet (from playing on the snow) will not be visible. I delayed buying heat packs until this final weekend and ended up with nothing. Everything was sold out: for the body, for the hands, for the feet. Sigh.. This is not that crucial since I think I should be able to find them quite easily in Japan.

Currently I am very stressed and not feeling well. This morning I did not wake up despite my alarms so I am very worried if this happens again and I would miss my flight :( I missed my usual 7am mass and 930 mass today. I attended at 1130 and my last mass for this year was a bad experience for me. There are no dumb and inconsiderate kids. There are only dumb and inconsiderate parents. Sigh.. I know I should not be cursing these people and that is precisely the reason why I prefer to attend 7am mass before these dumb and inconsiderate parents bring their kids. The kids at my pew kept running in and out and I was like WTF man. Sigh.. After that, my whole mood for today was just going down the hill. I was so stressed even for my afternoon nap just now. I managed to sleep for less than 2 hours but I woke up with a headache, cough, and runny nose. I did not even turn on my aircon! Now I am in a dilemma between sleeping or just hang on until my flight later. Huhuhu T_T

I usually hate red eye flight as it will compromise my sleep. With what I am experiencing right now, I think red eye will be better. At least I need not to worry about missing my flight from oversleeping. Or perhaps I should aim for a flight at 11am-ish.. or perhaps I am just getting old. Holidays should be a fun thing and not a stress thing so I hope I am just being paranoid now and the holiday itself will be enjoyable.

Other that this, one thing worth mentioning in the past week is I had my appraisal in my new job on Friday. Honestly I had a tinge of emo-ness since I did not get the highest rating. I thought I was *that* good! Lol.. I mean I know I am not that exceptional and all that but I thought I had been doing super well to get an S rating. Nonetheless, I am able not to think too much about it since now my priority has changed. In fact, when I was asked for comments, I only said that as long as I have my work life balance, I am fine. So yeah that is work in 2019 and really now it is time for a winter holiday.

No comments: