Sunday, October 20, 2019

Failing body

This post was intended for last Sunday but I did not manage to complete it. Fast forward a week later, I shall add on what happened in the past week as well.

I officially give up on any dream of spending new year in the hotels nearer to the Tokyo Disney Resort. One day I saw an available slot for Vacation Package at Disney Hotel Ambassador and the price was 294400 JPY. OMFGWTF... That is 1.5x of my current package at the Disney Celebration and 1.5x of the package that I bought in 2017 (it was not new year but it was also at Disney Hotel Ambassador). With this new year plan finally comes to a conclusion, I decided to change the hotel for Christmas to Hilton Tokyo Bay. It costs almost 3x of what Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington Hotel but I cannot be bothered anymore. I want to maximise Christmas at Disneyland. Money can be earned back but I don't know when I can spend Christmas there again.

I went for physiotherapy last Saturday and it was a relief. My back pain is a different problem from the one earlier this year. The problem is more with the smaller accessory muscles and that is why the pain seems random and is not triggered by movement. That means I can return to gym as usual and it is not gym's fault. Yay. Apparently my issue this time is the imbalance between my left and right muscles. My left side seems to be working harder and that is why the discomfort is always on the left. Even when I am standing upright, my body has a slight rotation towards the right. The most embarrassing thing is that there is no mirror in the consultation room so I had to go outside to look at this. There was another patient so it was super paiseh for me to show my fat shirtless body sia..

The jialat part is that I am having difficulties to do the physio exercises at home. So far I only managed to do 2 times in the past week. I even bought an exercise mat since I think my bed is not sturdy enough and floor will be better. The floor turns out to be too hard even with the mat. The mat is not completely useless since one exercise (the one that I must be sideways) is better on the bed but the other exercise (the one I need to lie down and support my back with a towel or blanket) is better on the floor. I feel there is improvement despite only doing twice so I can do more, it will be better.

My left eye is having problem lately. Since the Wednesday two weeks ago, I woke up a few times with red eye. Last Monday was the worst as the redness persisted until close to noon. On Tuesday it was red again but it was alright by the time I reached office. Still, I decided that it was time to see doctor. I only received tetrahydrozoline as doctor did not see any sign of infection and I was told to return this coming week if the symptoms persisted. It continued and yesterday I decided to change my pillow sheet since it tends to get red after I sleep. Initially I was doubting if the pillow case was the culprit as it has not been 2 weeks yet and usually I change my bedsheet every 2 weekly. Today I am okay so I hope it is really because of the pillow case. If tomorrow it is red again, I will see doctor again.

I went for my biannual dental cleaning yesterday and I received a bad news: the crack lines on one of my right tooth seems to be worsen. Honestly I am not aware if I am clenching or I am grinding. I am not sure if I subconsciously use my right side more to bite to avoid the left side which has a filling at an awkward position that tends to have food to get stuck there. My goodness... The tip of my hair to the bottom of my feet are having health problems and this is why I keep saying I prefer dead to growing old. FML.

I managed to collect my completers kit from National Steps Challenge (NSC). It is going to be the 5th year and yet the perennial problem with the mass collection of the trackers etc is always happening. Last year collection process at the post office was okay so I don't know why this year they change it to 7-11. The appointment booking system was not ready on the day that it was supposed to be up. Once the system was ready, all the available slots were already not available. Geez..

Since I collected a new tracker last year, I am not able to get a new one this year which is super lame considering how shitty the quality of the tracker for last year. The battery could not even last 3 days. With last year NSC also began in October, obviously the one year warranty of the last year's tracker would be over too. Really lame.

I think the money goes to the completers kit which is Pokemon-themed. I would not care if the completers kit contains t-shirt and notebook like last year but umbrella will definitely be useful. Having Pokemon cuteness is a bonus. As usual, the exchange at the first few venues were madness and I chose to wait. Luckily one friend at facebook collected on Friday and that was how I came to know that the wait time at Vivocity for this weekend roadshow was not bad. The official time is from 11am but when I reached around 1015am, they were already operating. Overall, it took me about 10 minutes. Nice! I think if I wait until 11am, there would be many people and it would be longer. The funny thing is that the announcement banner still says it starts at 11am. Thank God for the person who approached me to say that I could start going in. Hehe.. God bless you, boy :)

At the exit, someone asked me for feedback so I told him it was 5/5 rating since since I got it in 10 minutes. He also asked my opinion on the completers kit and I found it more useful than completers kit from previous season.
The collapsible cup has no Pokemon though

No comments: