Sunday, October 21, 2018

IT madness

National Steps Challenge season 4 will begin on 27 October and it seems that HPB never learn to improve itself. I went for the new tracker collection at Jurong few weeks ago and although the closing time was at 7pm, when I reached there around 630pm  the queue was already closed due to overwhelming responses. It is so stupid because HPB should know how many people already join and complete the previous seasons and yet they restrict the places for these people to collect the new tracker while opening more places for first timers. In addition, HPB adds a MVPA category (moderate to vigorous physical activity) component by tracking heart rate and only the new tracker is capable to support this. Obviously everyone is forced to collect and we are not simply there just to collect free stuff. Anyway it is smart for them to add a new category since the steps tracking category is prone to abuse like shaking, strapping it on pets, putting it on fans etc. Now people really cannot cheat heart rates eh?

Luckily I did not chiong to queue on the first weekend because after that, the collection method through post office was made available and I collected mine from the post office. Unfortunately the problem does not end there as the new tracker was undetected by my phone. I went to one of the shops for troubleshooting and it was a waste of time. The person at the shop was also a noob and did not do troubleshooting as she claimed "we are here only to settle exchanges". Well the thing to be exchanged also not detected so no point for me to exchange.

Emailing the customer support was also a waste of time as they only gave guidelines. I had no choice but to waste more time to go to HPB. The people were also noob as they were only following the guidelines I already followed. In the end, they conveniently blamed my Android to be "too old" while it is still perfectly within the minimum requirement of the app. Pfft...

With that, I have no choice but to start using my iPad. Yup.. it has been a month since I bought it and I have not even opened the packaging. Lol. I think all the tax free and 5% savings by buying it in Japan is spent for the screen protector and the protective case already which are given free if I buy directly here. I will definitely need to learn and adapt to use iPad as I have been on Android all these while.

My Samsung E7 is near to its end of life and I have to start looking for replacement. I am due for recontract in January but I am glad I did my research early. Now there is SIM-only plan that it is no longer worth it to buy the phone bundle plan. In total, the phone bundle plan will only save about $100-$150 but I will be "tied" to the contract for 21 months at least. Bleah.. not worth it.. I made up my mind to change to SIM-only plan so I can get a replacement phone now and I decided on Huawei Nova 3i.

I bought it on Tuesday from Best Denki for $378 (after $20 discount) and there were some freebies such as memory card, power bank, cable, and stand. I am not sure how long this will stay in the box as I have to find a screen protector and case first before using. Lol. I consider myself lucky because I was told that I bought the second last set that the store had.
Only available in black or purple so I choose the colourful over the boring one. Lol.
When I switch to this phone, my prepaid card which is currently in my Galaxy Note (the first gen) can finally move to my current Samsung E7. I already prepared myself with the new nano SIM which cost $37.45. After checking with M1, it reaffirms that I made the correct decision to get SIM only plan next time because the $40/month phone bundle plan will not be eligible for corporate discount. Wow... The SIM only plan will not be eligible too but that simply means the calculation that I did is correct that it is not worth it to the get the phone bundle plan.

I started to play Pokemon Go enthusiastically again. I think partly because the amount of walking with my new workplace that hatching eggs are do-able. Haha.. I am surprised that despite being desk bound, I still can hit 10000 steps everyday leh. Wahaahaha.. Nice nice.. There is no need to be worried about the steps challenge now. I also raid at Bishan if there is ongoing raid on my way home and finally I am able to complete the Mew quest. Lol. My luck has been pretty good in the game as I caught Mewtwo and that is the very first legendary that I successfully catch from raid. Although the Community Day ended early today because some errors, I miraculously caught 8 shiny Beldums in 1.5 hours. That is really amazing. I hope my luck will continue in this game or I will quit again. Lol.
Oh ya, the teaser trailer for Aladdin Live Action was out last week. It is a bit what the eff as it was just a CGI galore and only at the end of the trailer that the Aladdin appears. Although I am a fan, I am somewhat disappointed sia. The guy looks to old to play Aladdin who is supposed to be 18 years old or something. Anyway the teaser trailer actually follows the original teaser for the original cartoon. Because the lack of anything in the teaser, most people are actually commenting about Disney being finger snapped by Thanos for the sand being wind blown effect. One thing I have to say great from the trailer is the music.
I will still be supporting the movie as it may mean more Aladdin merchandises coming up (ouch my poor wallet!). I think it will mean more competition for Aladdin characters at Disneyland though I hope this will make Tokyo Disneysea think about having Aladdin and friends as regular photo characters at the Arabian Coast instead of merely as roaming characters!

Yesterday was my volunteering and that was my first time back in dispensary after changing job. I think I have not lost my touch. Haha.. Throw me to any dispensary and the black face and the chiongster spirit will somehow come back.

No comments: