Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Most frustrating holiday planning

That title goes to Tokyo Disney Resort for the New Year. The booking for New Year's Eve at the official Disney hotels only started today. I tried calling 45 times in 2 hours and by the time my call went through, there was no available room anymore. I called one minute before the official opening time and I hung up to re-call because of the bad connection (which I thought to be caused by me using a cheaper 021 IDD). I thought I heard the person from the other side saying "Hello!". For the next 2 hours, whether I used normal or 021 IDD, I kept getting Japanese message which I could not understand and the call kept getting disconnected or redialed after every one minute. The Japanese message was definitely not the automated kind from the Disney Resort. There were 2 times I ended up with some radio programme. In my successful call, I was connected to the automated message that finally said Tokyo Disney Resort and to press something for English. I can't help but wonder if my very first call was successful and I should have just pressed on despite the bad connection or it was a wrong call since I did not hear the automated message like the one I heard at the end.

During the 2 hours of agony, I found out that the website for the balloting of the New Year's Eve ticket is already out since last month. Sadly it does not allow me to ballot since my account is registered 'Outside Japan' T_T. There goes my final plan. I know I should not be complaining since I have already a booking for the vacation package which was definitely a miracle. My main gripe is not the price but with the Celebration Hotel which is about 20 minutes bus ride away from the resort. Sigh.. At least I get to experience the YOLO New Year's Eve as I do not think I will ever subject myself to this kind of stressful holiday planning anymore.

Lessons learnt: plan early next time and quickly book at one of the 6 partner hotels since people who stay at partner hotels have guaranteed entry to the parks. Unlike the Disney hotels, the 6 partner hotels are selling tickets in online travel agencies just like any other hotel so there is no headache with 'limited booking period' or having to book through phone.

To cater the time for me to make the call, I had to take MC :p It was a chance for me to might as well check the lump I am feeling on my left lower hip. Well, it turns out that it is just 'not my feeling' but really there is something. I declined x-ray for now since doctor felt it was not related to the bones and I may do it for merely peace of mind. Sigh.. I will try physiotherapy first and only x-ray. I do not want to subject myself to unnecessary radiation.

As this is something pretty serious, I went to consult with doctor whom I know from my previous work. It always feels bitter sweet to return to the clinic as I have plenty of good memories (which are ruined by fewer bad memories by the assholes). Having said that, I know I made the right decision to leave because I do not feel any regret of leaving or the pull to return after all. Hahaha.. It is confirmed that I am gaining weight although on the bright side, I am still happy to hear that I look happier and younger compared to when I was still working there. Hehe.. It is an affirmation that I made the correct move.

Yesterday (7 October) is the Feast of Our Lady of Rosary. The session at Landings introduced me to virtues of each mystery. I have never heard these before and it is a timely boost for myself who feels that I am just reciting my daily rosary in 'auto-pilot' mode. These virtues will help me with a short meditation or prayer at each mystery. Hopefully this will slow me down and to put more thoughts into the prayer instead of simply going auto-pilot with the Hail Marys.
This video was shared and it is comforting to know that I am not being abnormal that I find it difficult to pray the rosary when I am stationary. I find it better to pray when I am walking around although since the past week, I find it difficult to focus and keep track of the mysteries I am at or which number of Hail Mary I am at. In fact, this is something that keeps bothering me since last week with October is the month of the rosary. Since I usually pray it everyday, I was hoping to have it more special this month but what I have been experiencing is the complete opposite: continuous distraction. I consider this perhaps a trial from the evil one to prevent me from making this October special. In return, perhaps knowing about virtues now is a blessing to enable me to see the rosary from a different angle this time and hopefully help me to focus better despite the distractions. I googled the virtues but I seem to find slight variations so I am not sure if there is actually an official one.

One more interesting I learnt from this video is the last part about the guardian angels finishing the rosary in case I fall asleep. I have never heard of this before. I googled it and I read an article that suggests perhaps I can do that if I express this will to my guardian angels. Hahaha...

15 promises of the rosary is not something I have never heard before but I never remember them since I am praying not for these promises. I checked them out again yesterday and one thing that really caught my attention this time is the last one: a great sign of predestination, which seems to contradict the concept of free will. I still believe that God intends everyone to be saved but humans have the free will to reject salvation. My interpretation for this last promise is it is talking about the predestination to love the rosary. Looking at myself, it is actually quite peculiar for someone very lazy with own prayer life or spiritual life to somehow got interested in the rosary since many years even before my baptism. It is difficult for me to spend few minutes for morning and evening daily prayers and yet I am okay with rosary.

I shall end this post with a song that I just came to know from Landings yesterday. Yes I promise (to try) a rosary each day.

No comments: