Friday, September 6, 2019

Holy Hour

When it comes to God related things, you just have to believe about 'being called' or 'being chosen'. It is not my first time hearing about Holy Hour but I have never been bothered about it -not even to look up what it is about. But somehow after hearing the announcement on last Sunday, I got interested and kept thinking about it. In the end, I went.

I personally do not enjoy adoration because I find it very sleepy to just sit down in silence and focusing on the Blessed Sacrament. That was my impression of Holy Hour and that was why I never got interested. I am glad that I gave it a try and it is something that I will not mind doing again. Essentially it is still an adoration of the Blessed Sacrament but there are readings and reflections and singing so it was not just silence. That one hour is much more bearable this way. As it was my first time, I was not very familiar with the gesture and I was following others. Everyone was kneeling at the start and then everyone sat down when they were tired. I found the kneelers not comfortable but I was proud of myself that I could tahan kneeling for 40 minutes. Haha.. Next time I would not care and just sit down when I felt the discomfort so at least I could pay more attention to the prayer.

It is one day too early but tomorrow is exactly one year since I left my previous job last year. Attending this Holy Hour was like a blessing in disguise since it allowed me to give thanks for all God's blessings in the past year: the courage to leave my comfort zone and to find a new job, my new job is mostly great (not perfect but I would say 90% of the time it is great) and I am grateful for the people, the great Japan holidays that I had last September and April this year, my retina is alright despite my worsening floaters, and most importantly is my return to be closer to God with weekly mass, my involvement in Landings, and my attendance for Saturday's Novena. As promised, I would like to pay God's blessings forward since I have better work-life balance now.

It is almost a month since my last time writing a blog post and there are a lot of things to write. However, I shall reserve this post only for the good things. Firstly, I will have to go to Manila again next next week. Initially the flight options given to me were all budget airlines. Sigh... I was grumbling but I had to remind myself to be grateful as at least I got the chance to travel for free. On the following day, I was told that we would choose a different timing and will be flying SQ instead. Wow.

Secondly, I gave up on New Year plan at Disneyland last week since I was not able to get a vacation package. I was camping at the website but it was crashing since the reservation for the vacation package opened. By the time the website was accessible, all the resort hotels were sold out. I refused to pay close to 300000 yen for the non-resort hotels. That would be almost 50% more of what I paid for the vacation package at Disney Ambassador Hotel previously. Two days ago, I wanted to check for Christmas instead. Somehow before that I checked for New Year again and it seemed that someone cancelled their Disney Celebration reservation. I managed to book and after I booked, the website showed sold out again. To complete the happiness, this happened on the same day when my new credit card that gives 4x miles for overseas spending was approved. Technology nowadays is amazing. While waiting for the physical card to arrive in mail, I already received the digital one and that was how I could use it.

I am so tired and sleepy but the feelings to share the good things and the Holy Hour were stronger and that is the reason I am writing this. Once again, thank God and Alleluia!! Hehe...

No comments: