Saturday, December 25, 2010

Unexpected Christmas!

I had Christmas once in Cambodia.. I had one in Pontianak.. I basically hate to celebrate Christmas away from home.. away from my Christmas music and Disney show.. It makes me lacking of Christmas spirit.. So what could be worse than celebrating Christmas at ulu places like Cambodia and Pontianak? It's celebrating Christmas HERE in Singapore! Urgh! Stuck in the lab! Thinking of stupid project whose outcome looks ugly..

Thank God for He is a jealous God! It seems that He won't let people have a bad mood during his Birthday! Haha.. To be honest, I did not expect that my mood was pretty upbeat yesterday. Though I had quite a freak experimental experience yesterday, it was still salvage-able.. I am running out of time so this is my final try and I am really hoping for a Christmas miracle..

Singapore is a secular country. Thus, I never expect that Christmas Eve is just a big deal here. I was caught surprised when the school was extremely quiet yesterday. It felt as if it was the Chinese New Year eve! The canteen stalls were only open for half day! Haha.. And Christmas is about community spirit too. So it feels good for strangers, like the Western stall auntie, wishing me Merry Christmas.. or for the other professor in my lab wishing me Happy Holidays. A~~~h...

And last night was my first Christmas celebration.. My first in Singapore and my first in my life! Lol..  Actually it was no diff from a normal mass ba.. Easter seems to be a more joyous occasion for the Church. Even the 15mins carolling before the mass was kinda lame to me. Chey! I thought carolling in church was a big experience. It started at midnite and ended at 0115. I reached PGP at 0200 haha.. 45mins walking in the night of Christmas.. It made me feel like the 3 wise men looking for Baby Jesus! But wait, those men were riding camels, weren't they? Haha..

Anyway Christmas is a time of reflection. And yesterday was another good homily. Hearing "Mary and Joseph's faith... following God's plan even without knowing what His plan had for them.. and yada yada..." can be quite boring and old.. But it is something that I need currently :( I honestly am in the stage where I half-hate my project.. Few months ago, I thought it was a nice plan by God to get this seemingly slack project (with 24hours of waiting time kind of thing).. Now everything was the opposite.. Oh well, I guess now I can just leave everything up to Him.. So be it if I have to get 2nd class... So be it if I have to lead a sad life here in Singapore.. So be it if I got some lousy experience for my prereg.. So be it if I am destined to be emo forever.. Afterall, the final destination is to be in Heaven anyway.. Though these sad things would be what hinder me from that destination :(

For this year, my Christmas present (by myself for myself) is just a cheap Santa Hat. Haha.. It has been a longing for me to have one. Unfortunately I had no opportunity to camwhore with it.. Ugly face.. and bad lighting.. and bad camera.. Oh well..


I also updated the links of my past Christmas Youtube stuff here and here.. Blast Youtube for always deleting certain files, only for some people to reupload them again. What a futile effort.. And one last Christmas thing to share: 2010 version of Mariah Carey's O Holy Night.. I am amazed that she still can reproduce the kind of voice that she made many years ago (1994!). Bravo!!


Lastly, I wanna wish Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday, Jesus! I could give You nothing but instead, You gave me a nice Christmas experience this year. Thanks :) To everybody else, Merry Christmas and may the good Lord shower you and your family with His grace and blessings

No comments: