Sunday, December 5, 2010

Retail "therapy"

FYP is a life sucker but for this post, lets forget about it first. I had a clique outing on Friday and we ate at Astons Prime. The name sounds expensive, doesn't it? The good news is: they have fantastic food in a nice place with reasonable price. I paid $23.90 for steak + chicken combo. Suprise #1: I expected a half serving of steak and a half serving of chicken. But I got a FULL serving of steak and chicken each. OMG! Wow! Although the steak was too "well-done" aka hard to be eaten ba.. All of us were astounded with the large servings that we received. Surprise #2: I paid what I saw in the menu. $23.90 is inclusive of GST and service charge. That is just WOW! Yea a big WOW! Lol..

Thank to stupid FYP, everyone's day ended late and it was pretty late after our meal. We wanted to go somewhere to chill but alas Singapore night life just sucked. There was nowhere to go and everyone was camping at either Starbucks, Coffee Club, Coffee Beans, etc. Shopping malls closed as usual. Come on! It was Friday night and it's holiday time!! Bleah!! Wanted to have a drink but there was no seat for 7 ppl.. Zzz.. Actually since I was at Marks and Spencer, I was already eyeing the alcoholic beverage. Haiz.. I feel like just getting drunk and forget forget all about this life..

I had the urge to buy a netbook again. I wanted to buy today so yesterday I was looking for price. Anyway in the end I decided not to buy. The MS Office is so expensive! No point getting a netbook if I cannot use it for my work. I still have MS Office 2007 original CD but they *bang* I remember netbook has no CD drive. Meaning I cannot use the CD or I have to fork out money for external CD drive, something I don't wish to have. Oh well, anyway lessons learnt :) Next time really should just go at those huge electronic exhibitions. Although the prices are the same, the additional stuff (eg. RAM upgrade, extended warranty, etc) is better.

Thanks to my window shopping yesterday, I have new gadget in my "WTB" list: XBOX Kinect!! Haha.. Yesterday I saw someone demo-ing the thing. I was just blown away. There is no joystick or controller whatsoever. Just swipe your hands in the air. This reminds me of the high tech stuff which I saw in Science Centre. I thought how long it will take to finally have a computer which only has a screen and the whole navigation system is just by using our hands.. Looks like the technology is not that far. Haha.. Anyway the demo guy is quite cute. He kept smiling to himself. I think he was quite embarassed to demo. Only kids and parents were looking and he was trying to get any kid to try the machine. The kids were too shy so he had no choice but to demo. Haha.. Lol.. It was a dance game and I was like woaaa... This is nothing like Dance Dance Revolution (only need to step at the 4 directional squares) or its variation (the one need to wave your hand to appropriate direction). This is literally dancing!! The movement includes squatting, neck movements, shoulder movements etc. No wonder the guy was paiseh.. Haha.. But oh well, why the hell did he choose a Lady Gaga song? That made it more embarassing..

Now I think the most expensive pieces of electronic gadgets are HANDPHONES. Bleah.. Xbox + Kinect costs $469.. Nowadays, newer phones are like $600+ Woot... That is even more expensive than netbook and low end laptops. But still, I don't understand why people wanna spend like $800+ for iPhone. Come on, no matter what it does, it is still a phone! An overpriced phone! Haha and now I am more than sure not to help my sister to get an iPhone. Lol.. I'm an anti-Apple. Sorry.. I refuse to give my money to Apple.. and I will also not help someone else gives their money for overpriced piece of gadget.

No comments: