Thursday, November 4, 2021

Weak!

It is barely the first week November and I am already failing to control my diet. Right on Monday, I received an email from Deliveroo which is celebrating its 6th birthday with some $6 offers and flat $1 delivery fee until tomorrow. I was tempted with Koi's offer for 2 bubble teas for $6 but that meant 4 cups to hit the minimum $12 spending. I planned to buy that yesterday so that I could keep some for today which is a public holiday. I am lucky that the offer was no more yesterday so I was spared from bubble tea.

The sugar and salt withdrawal is making me very moody. So far I have managed to restraint from getting the bottled drinks in the supermarket but I succumbed to less than $2 potato chips. The last few I bought were beer-flavoured Lays. I promised no more after the two packs I bought today. Since today is a public holiday, I decided to relax and ordered food delivery for dinner. Haiz.. At least I made use of the $1 delivery fee and hopefully this will remove all thoughts for food delivery for the rest of the month.

I ordered from Nummun Thai Kitchen because I was tempted with pork sausage. It is quite pricy ($9 for 10 pcs) but it is not something available from the other Thai food places I usually order so I did not mind. Afraid that I would not be full, I added tom yum fried rice ($9) which I regretted. I don't eat prawn and the only topping with the fried rice is 2 medium-sized prawn that required peeling. So for me it was $9 just to eat the rice. I think of it as paying for curiosity and I will not be tempted to order from here again. Anyway I have a nearer Thai restaurant which is cheaper and can be even cheaper when I use Grab self-pick up codes.

Food-aside, I am also feeling so busted with my Genshin Impact. I saved for 1.5 months and went broke on Tuesday for a Qiqi and Staff of Homa. It took me 120 pulls to get one Elegy for the End and Staff of Homa which I should be grateful of since it could have been worse. Surprisingly, I only got one Sacrificial Sword. I am not too upset with C1 Qiqi since I am more of a husbando than a waifu collector. Thus I am not really into Hu Tao and I do not mind a guaranteed pity for Itto on next patch. Of course I would be happier if I got Diluc. It has been more than a year and I still do not have him. I am quite lucky to get C3 and now I have to suppress my aim to get C4 as that may break my pity. Somehow I am always one short of the good constellation as I am also at C3 Yanfei and I restrained myself in the last banner. I am still having fun with the game. It is just a heartache seeing all my savings went to zero.
I doubt I will ever 'save' until this much again as the next few patches will have characters I am interested in
Don't count your chickens before they hatch but I am getting more and more sure that I have to escape from the vaccination discrimination here. Since today is a public holiday, I took the opportunity to keep some of my displayed toys to their boxes to avoid them being too dusty if I have to be away for many months. I only did for the few that I remember where the boxes are. I still have 6.5 days of leave that I need to consume before the year end so I will pack the rest during Christmas-New Year period. By then, it should already be somewhat confirmed if I need to escape or not. Honestly, I am hoping that karma will befall on the people behind all these discrimination.

No comments: