Saturday, November 13, 2021

Bag hunt

As things are gradually back to normal, I am going out more often and my bag is getting too annoying. The 'cracked' leather part is okay, just visually ugly. However, the broken magnetic 'lock' is driving me crazy with the slapping noise when I walk. I was so lazy to go to gym today but I decided to go so that I could go to check out Orchard Road after that.

It is nice to see Christmas decorations although it is clear that the decorations are more muted compared to pre-COVID days. Not sure if it is because not everything has been put up but some outside Wisma Atria was still empty and I did not notice if Tangs had any decorations. Lol.. I remember usually Tangs would be eye catching because they would decorate the whole building since Tangs has little pavement space outside their building.

I checked out Metro at Paragon and Takashimaya and I saw similar observation from the choices at BHG Junction 8. It seems that sling bags may not be the in-thing now. I think my options are only Timbuk2 and Crumpler and their prices are $150-$200 range for the size I need. I am actually surprised when I checked my previous post of my current bag which only cost $86 and it had lasted me more than 6 years. It is really a good buy. I don't think the $200ish bag will last me 12 years. I was planning to check out Bugis Junction and Vivo City subsequently but after I reached home, I decided to check online shops and I ended up buying from Shopee. Lol.. Despite all the shopee-pee-pee-pee jingle since donkey times, I finally made an account. I bought 2 bags and after the small discount from the seller for buying 2, first time credit and 11/11 12% discount, the total spent is $16.66. If each can last me for one year, they are already considered good. Though I hope they will be good surprise like my current bag which I was not sure of the quality since I had not heard FX Creations at that time.

I bought Donki for lunch but too bad there was no chasiu don. What I thought to be omu rice turned out to be an omelet yakisoba. I had to be so hungry that I did not notice. As usual, I always overeat when it comes to Donki. As a reminder, next time I should skip the fried squid. It is not as nice as the fried squid from one of the regular stalls at Takashimaya Japanese Fairs. The new thing from Donki that I just knew is 10 cents for their plastic bags per transaction. Phew.. lucky I am not as crazy about Donki as previously when I used to purchase every week.

I just watched the Catholic200SG prayer marathon which is ongoing from 12 Nov until 20 Nov. Outside the scheduled prayers, it is Eucharistic Adoration. I find it quite nice to help me with my night prayers. Unfortunately, I think the volume is too soft and I have to max out my laptop volume to be able to listen to the background music. It would also be nicer if they use a dark background. It will be more soothing to the eyes and will help to focus on the Eucharist. Currently it is too distracting with so much white. The white background and candles occupy even larger portion of the screen than the Host that we are supposed to focus on.

No comments: