Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Like a king

Aaah only at home that I can feel like a king: lie down on the sofa to read the manga, open the doors to let the cool breeze and sunlight come in, turn on the fan, turn on the DVD player for some music. Hoho.. Although it feels heavenly, I already feel slightly emo that my time here is running short.. 25 April is just around the corner and all these good stuffs would be over :(

My manga cupboard is already running out of space and I have to be very very choosy in buying new manga. Haiz.. I just bought one titled "88" which is only 4-volume long. And all the 4 volumes are already out. The story is about ice hockey. So yup, that's the first manga I have with this story. Because of the short volume, the character development and the story are rather undeveloped. However, the comedy is crazily enjoyable. I literally LOL-ed, right from the first few pages. In the opening chapter, the mangaka successfully depicts the impossibly funny scenes of 2 school boys fighting across the roof on a string curtains wound across 2 different blocks. Upon stopping the fight, the 2 guys were about to keep the curtains and accidentally knocked the main guy who fell down from the roof. It left me shocked "What the heck? The main guy die right at the start?". Anyway the depiction of falling down the roof and how the guy resigned to fate captured the fear really good. So yup, good thing that the hilarity is maintained throughout the 4 volumes. Ah interestingly, the main guy is actually never depicted on the cover of the 4 volumes. So perhaps the real main character is the guy with green hair XD


There is another sport-themed manga that I am interested in. This time is about soccer although the title is rather unusual for a sports manga: Knight in the Area (Area no Kishi). The picture looks pretty good. But it is still ongoing with 29 volumes so far. My concern is storage space.. Sigh.. Should I get it??


The other manga which I want to buy is Hero Tales by Hiromu Arakawa. Yup, the mangaka of Full Metal Alchemist. I did not know it was only 5 volume long!! Sigh.. If I knew, I would definitely buy from the start. When I went to the bookstore on Saturday, only volume 4 and 5 are available. Sian.. I will only buy if I can find all 5.

Huhuhu.. looks like the supposedly happy post turns sour in the end. How I wish I can really be like a king and have my own personal library. There are still a lot of manga which I want to buy but I forgo because of long volumes as well as I cannot afford the time to hunt the earlier numbers. Some examples are Beck (about band music), Wild Life (about veterinarian), Nodame Cantabile (about classical music). But there are still more which I am interested in. Sigh..

I am pretty emo because the blog which I usually visit for some J-Pop news, PV, as well as clips from TV shows is now defunct. The blogger quits because of some issues with other fans in the fandom. It seems quite bad because even websites such as yesasia and playasia which used to work together with the blogger decided to pull their support. =x I need to find a replacement :( But how?? Sigh.. Even how I bumped into this blog was by accident in the first place..

Another news is that Atsuko Maeda will be graduating from AKB48. To be honest, I don't know what "graduation" means among the various J-Pop female groups. To me, it means "quit". I am not a huge fan of her but she is like the number 1 face of the band so I think it will be quite akward to not seeing her anymore. Oh well..

And lastly, I just knew that Meisa Kuroki is married to Akanishi Jin. Who is Meisa Kuroki? She is the pretty lady who played as the nun is One Pound Gospel. I never like Jin so I am like why she is married to him!! Anyway, it seems that their marriage was a shotgun one and it created a big hoo-haa in Japan. Apparently a few weeks before the marriage, the media released photos of them being together. However, both talent agencies which managed them clarified that they were only friends. Then BAM, came the marriage! It seems that the couple did not even inform their respective agencies about it and caught everyone by surprise. Oh well, I hope they will be happy. And I hope their kids will be more like their mother than the father. At least she seems humble and nice when I watched her in some random variety shows.

No comments: