Friday, October 2, 2020

Devil's work

Why am I so unlucky this week? After the demise of the custom clay figure of myself, my home internet connection was dead on Tuesday. I was still awake until 2am and the internet was fine. Not sure what happened in the morning but because of that I had to sacrifice a day of annual leave since with all the restrictions, I could not suka-suka want to report to office. It was really a waste since without internet, there was really nothing to do at home. That was one of the reason why I spent the morning to dust my Tsume statues and I was done by around 2pm. I continued with refining my faith story until it was time for my afternoon nap.

To make it worse, it was my turn to share my faith story for Landings. I had no choice but to download Zoom and use my phone. I really think the devil does not like me to be a good boy and shit kept coming to me since the past week when I was starting to prepare my faith story. Trying to see a silver lining, at least this gave me the experience of using Zoom through phone. I also got to know the data consumption. Around 2.5 hours of Zoom call used up around 1 GB of data and zapped my phone battery to 30%.

I had no choice but to go to office on Wednesday T_T The reason was not so much about taking another leave but because there was a meeting that I needed to complete before October. I really had office adjustment syndrome. I was supposed to be happier with 2 screens but I had to get used to the screen brightness as well as office is more well lit than my room. There were only around 5 people in the office and I kept being distracted whether I should put on or remove my mask. Sianz.. why did these people come? When I told my boss to register for office attendance, she told me it would just be me and someone from HR who would be in the HR room anyway. So I thought I could remove my mask.

Majority is still working from home as the MRT crowd as well as the traffic around my office was like CNY eve. When I reached, I was shocked to see only 1 lift was operating. I thought they were saving electricity haha.. I was just being too early since later on all the lifts were working. Lunch was also not stressful as there was no need to fight over seats. However, lunch hit me with another adjustment syndrome as I felt anything above $4-5 for lunch was expensive. I decided to walk over to MBC to get the Taiwanese fried chicken. At least that would be something I enjoy. Sadly the stall was gone. Bleah... Some stall were not open so I ended up walking back to get a pathetic $6 for rice and chicken at one of the newer stalls near my office.

Another distraction in the office was taking selfie. Lol. I usually hate taking selfies but I just had to immortalise this pathetic occasion of having to work in the office when there were very few people. My first (and best try) had my company logo as mirror image. Yep, I never did selfie so I did not know that the selfie camera had mirror or no mirror mode. I was okay with taking selfie since I had to put on my mask so that covered half of my ugly face.

Thank goodness the internet was fixed on Wednesday. Alas, after I logged off, the bummer email came. From next week, my office reverts back to staggered work schedule. Knnccb! I know the inevitable will eventually come but I was not expecting it to be so early. The thing that I hate the most is still having to wear mask. If there is no need to mask up anymore, then it is not a problem to be back in office. On the bright side, at least now the staggering is into 3 teams so that means 1 week in every 3 weeks to be in office. It is still better than alternate. The best part is thanks to my seat position in the center of where my team is sitting, I will not see the bitches around HAHAHA.

No more TGIF since now it is counting down to end of WFH huhuhu T_T

No comments: