Sunday, October 25, 2020

Hectic, disastrous, tiring weeks

The past two weeks have been hectic and irritating for me. Two weeks ago was the week that I had to return to office and I found it very tiring because of the need to wake up very early. The commuting time is really a waste of time. Surprisingly that was also the week that I went to gym for 5 sessions. Something that never happened for so long. The Friday of that week was particularly spoiling my mood. Firstly, I received an email from my Thai mail forwarder that the box set I pre-ordered since March was finally ready for shipping. I was pissed because they did not do a proper bookkeeping and initially wanted to charge me for shipping fee and service fee again. Although it was finally settled after a few emails, the experience got me quite worked up. Anyway I will not be using them anymore since I just found out a few weeks ago that vPost also has a service in Thailand now.

My photobooks from photobook worldwide also arrived and I was initially very excited. Sadly they arrived in a trashed condition. I have not really scrutinised if the quality of the print is much better now as I was so pissed that that they 'saved' on shipping which was the cause of the damaged condition by forcing two books into one shipping envelope. I asked for a refund but they said they would reprint and resend. The replacements should arrive sometime next week and I shall see how before giving an updated review as compared to the last time I ordered from them few years ago.

The inability to hold my tongue made me suffer for half of this week. Every time I buy the kakiage from Teppei Shokudo, I will get gastric and yet I always cannot resist. I had it for lunch on last Sunday and despite taking omeprazole before bed, the pain woke me up at around 3am for me to take antacid. I think my hernia thingy also contributed because otherwise the pain would not last until 3 days despite medicines. Bleah.. As a result, I skipped gym for 3 days and I also Grabbed on Tuesday.

Wednesday was another overeating days as my Landings group asked for a meet up before the retreat. Ironically, we ended up eating at the Grumpy Bear which I am quite bored of. Haha.. That was one of my frequently ordered Deliveroo at the peak of the circuit breaker. Honestly without the 30% off, the original prices are too expensive. Even in the restaurant, we ordered the bundled for 5 and that kind of thing.

I had the first ever eRetreat experience this weekend which I think was quite disastrous too. I was so tired on Friday night that I just KO-ed before 11pm. As a result I woke up at 5+ on Saturday morning. I did not want to sleep again as I was scared that I would overslept. I was so hungry too and that was how I ended up Grabbing McD breakfast. Sigh.. All the overeating this week cost me almost $100 and I already gained 3kg since the week I had to return to office. I feel so shitty since all the effort to lose weight and cut down on food for so long just got busted that way.

Anyway back to the eRetreat, I kept feeling distracted. There was even someone knocking for survey and despite saying that I was in the middle of a meeting, he still tried to small talk. He even asked if I had any drinks. Gosh.. I happened not to have any since I just finished the stock in my fridge. Suddenly I remembered the Dasani from my McD breakfast and he did not mind water so that went to him.

The eRetreat was the best that it could be since it was a virtual. It was no fault of the organisers of the distractions I faced. It is just that over all, I did not feel that I really retreated from my normal life to be able to focus. It did not help that I felt irritated with myself. I failed my promise of daily rosary yesterday. I was chionging a drama and I was left to pray at 1115pm. I fell asleep after 2 decades and I woke up past midnight. I was like: fuck it and went to sleep already. I know that there is nothing wrong and it is not a sin or what but I just feel angry and irritated with myself to break my own promise. I hope it is a lesson for me to prioritise my daily rosary in order not to break my own promise as when I am busy, I tend to leave it until past 11pm as the last thing I do before the day ends.

I kinda like series which have inter-connected characters and split to few parts with each part focusing on few characters. This approach feels better than combining everything into one part with all the characters.  The series I was chiong-ing yesterday was quite special for me. I finished the first part last week and that was the part with the high school students. This next part is more mature as the characters are not studying anymore. I am very surprised that I think this part is better since usually I am a sucker for high school stories. Not to mention that there are touching parts that made me cry. Now I am quite excited to watch the third part which will focus on a married couple. Although I read the reviews that this part is quite boring, I will give it a chance.

That's all for tonight. I actually still want to rant about work with what happened last week but perhaps that will be for another post on another day.

No comments: