Friday, October 9, 2020

Affirmation

Resting too long for gym will eventually turns into laziness. I had to drag my feet yesterday to return to gym because I had been resting since Sunday. That turned to be a blessing in disguise as I unexpectedly bumped into my ex-staff when I was shopping at FairPrice after gym. It was nice that we still recognised each other just from the eyes and forehead since we were still wearing mask. We ended up having around 15 minutes of catching up in the instant noodles alley. I actually told myself after last Sunday that I would stop eating instant noodles. Normally that means I would not even go to the instant noodles section but somehow yesterday I decided to do so.

I honestly cannot bother and am not interested with my old workplace already. However, I got snippets which made me very happy with where I am now while my ex-colleagues are still dealing with the same old shit. Huehehe... What really struck me was when she said that she hoped I would be back as time might just be as bad as when I was still around but at least she found it more enjoyable. For me, that was an affirmation that regardless of what shit my bosses were saying about me, at least my decision that welfare of my staff came first was appreciated by them. After all, that was my priority back then instead of bootlicking just to win favour from bosses (which would not happen anyway) and pushing things top down to the ground staff.

I messaged my ex-student who then became my ex-colleague about my unexpected encounter and I was rewarded with another snippet. She was sharing how a new trainee would be leaving for a greener pasture and another trainee who CMI. I never recruited CMI people and the staff I hired back then were all good catches. People were criticising me back then why I was so slow in recruiting and now they should learn that my QC was good.

With that, I hope the assholes who were complaining that I was strict back then now are enjoying their shit. At least I was strict for the things that mattered instead of being strict just to push agendas from the top.

This is a reminder for me to be patient when things do not go my way and to trust in God's timing. Yes I still have some bitterness but at least now things are better for me and I should be grateful for that.

No comments: