Sunday, October 6, 2019

Better this week

I am glad that I felt better this week. It looks like the lightheadedness last week was indeed my body adapting to my new diet. I managed to my fruits for breakfast and dinner although I 'failed' with 3 packs of potato chips this week. Bleah! I am still going for gym 4 times a week though I feel a slight improvement in getting back to my habit since I went for 2 consecutive days this week.

Work has not been really kind this week as my team in Manila is on the brink of having another drama. Sigh.. While I am able to rein my emotion, I still have to visualise my mental barrier and tell myself not to be too emotionally affected. After all it is not my problem and my role is to help them overcome this. I am not sure if this is one of funny ways in which God speaks to me. On Monday, my Landings coordinator jokingly asked me "What is my secret talent?" as he was trying to delegate duties. Haha.. I told him I had no secret talent although deep in my heart I was saying that my talent is scolding people. Hmm.. Then the following day this drama at work happened so it seems that indeed God wants me to be the 'evil' one in the midst of problematic people.

As part of my promise that in exchange of a better work-life balance I am enjoying now, I will spend more time for God as a sign of my gratitude. Thus I did not try my best to siam when I was asked to participate in the mime for the upcoming CommuniTea session. I am not an arty person and miming/dancing is not my thing. I don't think anybody in the attendees will know me since I have no friend at the church, so at least I don't need to feel too self-conscious.

Last Thursday was supposed to be the first practice but it turned out only to prepare the testimony board. In the middle of the mime, each of us will carry a board to testify how our life has changed before and after knowing God. Again the first thing that went to my head was about how to impress. But once I remembered that this was not about me, it was much easier to accept that my art skills (i.e. drawing on the board) as sucky as they are. Hahaha... The blessing in disguise for me is to look back and realise that yes life has indeed changed for the better now that I pay more attention to my faith. I have changed from being self-centered to paying more attention to God and to others. I still cannot stop from being self-centered but at least I can be honest with myself that the frequency of the thoughts of dying and I am already quite happy with this life is lower now.

I was tempted to buy discounted Uniqlo t-shirt but I did not because I did not have my OCBC Titanium card with me for 4 miles/$ spend. I remember to have my card with me this week but I ended up not buying anything. Hahaha.. I was hoping for discounted Conan t-shirts but it looks like I have missed the boat since they are completely gone. Winter clothes are out and I have to remind myself to check first how many winter clothes I bought previously to make sure I am not over-stocking.

I checked skiing base layers from Decathlon and I sort of regretting that I was not aware of this 2 years ago. The price is actually cheaper than Uniqlo's heat tech and the material feels more promising. After checking all the winter clothes I have, it seems that I should get 2 tops and bottoms from Decathlon at most. Sigh.. I should travel during spring or autumn or winter more so that these do not become useless investment.

Currently there is Japanese Food Matsuri ongoing at Takashimaya B2. I am supposed to avoid chili but in the end I ate 175 Deno Tan Tan Men. Supposedly it is an award winning and famous ramen from Hokkaido. I was not too keen because of the chili but in the end I tried it because I felt quite paiseh to the cashier who was introducing it to me. Well he is quite cute and there were empty seats at the counters so I guess why not. The Tan Tan Men is a different from Chinese version as this one comes with minced pork, prawn, and cashew nuts. The chili is not that spicy (compared to what usual spiciness in South East Asian countries) but has numbing sensation. Is this something similar to Mala? Lol haha... The curious thing about the spiciness and numbness is that they eventually dissipated without triggering me to quickly drink something. I did not drink anything until I reached home few hours later and I was alright. I also tried $5.50 mochi filled with Mao Shan Wang and was tempted to get some oyaki. Since the matsuri is still going on for another 2 weeks, I decided not to be too greedy and leave the oyaki for next week.

My sister went to Hong Kong on Thursday and returned safely today. I am never interested with Hong Kong Disneyland but after knowing that it is quite empty because of what currently is ongoing in Hong Kong, I am tempted to go leh T_T Empty means good opportunity to take photos. In addition, plane tickets and hotels are rather cheap now. I don't mind going there for a weekend and to stay in the Disneyland hotel. But after the news that the MTR was shut down yesterday, I was wondering how to travel to and from the airport.

No comments: