Sunday, September 25, 2011

World Pharmacists Day - 25 September

I have bounced back from my emo-ness yesterday. Yes it sucks to have difficulty doing the cases. Yes it scares me that if competency exam will be like that, failing will be easier than passing. But I really should not be discouraged and feel that I am more stupid than my hospital counterparts. After all, they do this day in day out and of course they should be better than me for these kind of things. So I don't give a damn, after all competency exam will be an exam. An exam is mug-able and when the time comes, I should just start my mugging days like the old university days..

Today I was so suay and got called to answer the case. Sigh.. My friend who is currently attached to SGH passed to me that hospital guidelines so I just read out the answer. The presenter knew it was from her place so she wondered why I could give the correct answer. I told her I got it from my friend (my friend is only attached there but her training is with NCC so I am not sure whether the paper she passed to me belongs to which organisation). So she asked again it came from which guideline. I totally had no idea, man! I just answered that it fits into the guidelines given in NUS days, so I think should be okay. Then came the irritating part when she said "So if doctor asked you will say it is from your colleague?". Bleah zz.. Fuck man.. If you want hospital standard kind of answer then jollywell ask someone from hospital sia. I honestly don't give a damn with where the guidelines come from. You spent your last 5 days doing renal everyday so you know better. I never touch any renal in my setting and doing the questions alone already gave me headache so yeah who cares about where the guidelines come from.

Anyways when I said my 2nd answer, the whole 100+ people broke into laughter. I don't know whether they laugh because my reply was funny or because it was dumb. Well, power of POSITIVE THINKING: at least I gave the opportunity for the rest to have a good entertainment and laughter. Haha..

I never know 25 September is World Pharmacists Day. I was given a nice gadget by my training site. Too bad it is of no use for me ba. It is a USB hub with 3 USB ports and 4 card readers: for MS/MS Pro Duo, SD card, Micro SD card, and M2 card. All within one gadget. Cool! And guess what is more cool: the organisation logo is engraved on the gadget!

Too bad I am not in a positive mood on the special occasion. I wonder why I am in this sector: low pay, low job satisfaction, very demanding in terms of time and brain power, high risk, everyday got scolded by patients (at least I don't get scolding from doctors as well as fellow colleague at my place, I pity those in other places). And I am still sore about what happened this morning. Arrogant hospital people! Jeez. Again I want to reitterate my point for those arrogant people: 

"You are not smarter than anybody else. It is only because you do all the "clinical" things everyday that you are "better" in the "clinical things". Come to different places with their own prescribing and medication use  patterns and see whether you can still be smart aleck. Come to the community settings and see whether you even remember what items are available as P-items, what supplements are good for what, and whether you can serve customers. There is no fair comparison and thus the notion that you are smarter is just your own pride. If you really wanna talk about "being smart", lets just compare our university results, shall we? After all, that was when we were all on equal ground: same lecturers, same lecture notes, same lab sessions etc."

 
And to the arrogant seniors who like to bully the trainees: "You old twits have been doing this day in day out for the past donkey years so no point showing how you are better than I who am only here for awhile. Please compare with someone equal to you because obviously I am less experienced. But remember that perhaps when you were a junior, you were as stupid or perhaps even more stupid than I am right now. And wait in a few years time, I may be as smart or perhaps even smarter than you are right now".



Thank God for the nice colleagues I have currently. And thank you, my preceptor and my fellow pharmacists at my institution who are treating me as a fellow colleague, rather than as someone to bully. Wishing you all a good Pharmacists Day. To those sucky pharmacists, don't worry, you'll get your karma from your patients so have fun :)

No comments: