Friday, October 13, 2023

Executed

I went to execute the OTP this morning. The law firm is at Clarke Quay Central and I was quite amazed to realise that the last time I went there was before COVID. I reached 20 minutes early and I decided to grab something from Donki since I did not have my breakfast yet. I had takoyaki with pumpkin mayo for $5.90. Its original price is $6.90 which is $1 more than the normal takoyaki and honestly I could not tell any special with the pumpkin mayo to justify the extra $1.

It was my first time dealing with lawyer and law firm, and all expectations were shattered. Haha... Because my friend (who is also my agent) was late, we reached about 10 minutes late than our appointment time. Yet we still had to wait for more than 15 minutes for the lawyer who was not warm, engaging, friendly and other similar adjectives. In short, not someone I will choose as a lawyer if I have the option. The worst part was a staff called me after I left to ask me to return. She said I had not signed the OTP when I was sure I already did so and I was even given the photocopy version. Luckily 1 minute after the call ended, she called me again to inform that she found the OTP -_-" So unprofessional. 

The whole process took slightly less than half an hour. It could have been shorter if I was not so noob with my new phone. The lawyer did not know I already secured a bank loan offer. Since I already have it, he asked me to send it so that I could also sign the forms pertaining to the bank. Luckily I had a copy in my email 'sent' folder since I originally saved it in my office laptop and I sent it to my own email so that I could save a copy in my personal laptop. The thing that took me so long was to figure out how to find and attach that pdf for me to send the email to the law firm.

After that I followed my friend for lunch at Hong Lim Food Centre since he was craving for the famous curry chicken noodle. Since I am not a foodie, I find nothing special. I also never try any curry chicken noodle to compare. Normally I will avoid because I do not want to risk stomachache because of the curry and I do not like white chicken because of childhood trauma. Nevertheless, I have to give it for their white chicken: tender and did not make gag.

The best learning from today is knowing the Thomson-East Coast MRT Line (TEL) better. I only knew it until Orchard so this morning I actually transferred to red line at Orchard, alight at Dhoby Ghaut to change to purple line to finally reach Clarke Quay. That is the pre-TEL aka pre-COVID route. I should have taken TEL all the way to Outram Park and change to purple line there. Lol.

With the OTP execution, there is no more turning back for me and Sophia Hills will be my new home in few weeks time. I am lying if I say I never regret about not having the opportunity to check out the most recent listing at Thomson V Two which I discovered few days ago. Nevertheless, I think it is indeed God's plan for this Sophia Hills. It is seems impossible for the dates to be mere coincidence. The seller agreed to my offer on Mother Mary's birthday (8 September) and the OTP is signed today (13 October) which again is related to Mother Mary with her final apparition at Fatima on 13 October 1917.

I certainly never plan it this way since I was given a 3-week duration for the OTP i.e. the last day is 22 October. Two weeks ago, the seller requested if I could execute before 15 October, which is 2 months before the unit handover, since he needed 2 months for his mortgage redemption. It is not a problem for me since I have the funds ready. My friend happened to be travelling to Korea and only returned on Wednesday evening. Yesterday was not possible since I only go to office on Thursdays so I have to give face a bit. Hence, today is the only possible day since tomorrow is already the weekend.

Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Mother Mary! I know none of these is possible without Your grace and blessings. Forgive my ungratefulness and activate your Spirit within me to overcome the temptations to be ungrateful, envious, angry and thinking of all the "what ifs". May You continue Your blessings so that everything will be smooth to the end.

No comments: