Sunday, November 20, 2022

COVIDed

After more than 2 years and after 3 jabs, I am finally COVIDed. Perhaps the most upsetting thing is that I definitely got it from someone in Landings, either during the retreat or during the last session on Monday. I woke up with a bit of phlegm on Tuesday morning. By late afternoon, my throat started to get sore from the ehem ehem throughout the day to clear the throat. I did the tele-consult and was given 3 days MC which I thought was an overkill, which turned out not to be an overkill because I had headache and fever on Wednesday. The phlegm and sore throat sort of disappeared and my ART was negative. Thus I thought it was due to me adjusting to my aunt's place: windy and hot 13th floor. In the afternoon, two people sent in the group that they had COVID. I was not that worried since I was negative in the morning.

I started to suspect the worst on Thursday. My headache and fever just disappeared but now the phlegm and sore throat returned. It is not an exaggeration to say it as the worst sore throat I have had in my life. It felt as if my whole throat was drowned in phlegm when I slept. However, the contradiction was that the actual phlegm was not as copious or as thick as the usual flu-kind of phlegm. Thus the widespread and severe throat pain was not correlated to the phlegm. Coughing out the phlegm felt like coughing out a ball of needle for my throat. To make it worst, two more people reported that they were down with COVID. Gg...

Since my symptoms did not improve on Friday, I did ART again and yeah it was positive. Previously I always worry if the result would turn positive after waiting for 15-20 minutes. Next time I don't have to worry anymore because when the result is positive, the line at T will appear very quickly the first time the liquid travels down the test strip. I did the tele-consult again to get new sets of medicines since I already ran out my fluimucil and MAC lozenges. I was given referral for supervised ART if I wanted to have my result recorded officially.

Since there is no nearby clinic which is under my company's insurance coverage, I decided to go to the nearest which is thankfully only one block away. Apparently since I had the referral letter, the test was free. Yay. With that, I will be officially exempted from any vaccination nonsense for the next 6 months. Haha.. Yeah.. even after kena COVID, I am still an anti-vaxxer. In fact, this just shows how useless the vaccination is. I already had my 3 jabs and I still get it.

Now my biggest worry is if I would spread it to my aunt. Haiz.. I don't care if I am suffering or I am dead. But currently I am staying at my aunt's place and if I trouble her more by spreading the virus, I think that is even worst than dead for me. Please, God, don't ever let that happen. I am already currently feel quite angry because I feel that this is the reward I get from serving you. After all, if I never participate in the retreat or the Run, I would definitely not going out and I would not catch the virus. Nevertheless, another part of me feels that since I get this from Church, it definitely is God's plan. It is better to get it that way and at least I can die a martyr instead of let's say just getting it from random person on the bus or MRT on my way to work or something. That would even be more lame.

Tomorrow is past 72 hours since my positive test which means I am suppose to test again. I doubt it would be negative yet. Although the phlegm and sore throat are gone now, the problems are now with runny nose and dry cough. Sigh..

No comments: