Sunday, August 15, 2021

Wiped out

I am tired of trying to find a clinic where I still can register and get Sinovac. Out of the few I contacted last week, only one replied with no stock and currently not opening any more registration. I registered with another two clinic this week and both said officially no more Sinovac registration is accepted for first dose people due to stock. I am being redirected to Sinopharm registration which may be available in September. My stress evaporated since due to stock issues, it is no longer my fault for not getting vaccinated. Furthermore, I already told my boss about this so anytime my office allows people to return, I will just have to excuse myself. Thank goodness my gym allows me to wait until I settle my vaccination and give me the remaining 1.5 months membership that I still have.

One thing went down but another surfaced. I rarely removed my phone from the protective holder but somehow I did that on Wednesday to clean the dust. The back cover was coming off which was due to the battery being bloated. Thank goodness I was able to secure a slot at Huawei repair centre for the following day and I was able to settle my photos. Here comes the ridiculous part. Just because nowadays we cannot remove phone back cover to change battery ourselves, this has to be done at  the service centre. Changing battery should be something simple but I was told that it would take around two hours. The worst part was that the whole phone had to be wiped out. Seriously what the fuck. I just need the battery to be replaced and I do not need the operating system to be touched but they said it is the law bla bla bla.

I had to waste time walking around for those two hours. I could not even eat dinner thanks to the vaccination discrimination. The best place to spend time was at Kinokuniya but my attention span is greatly shortened now that I could not stay still just to read a book. I tried to browse some Japanese learning text book and I got dizzy after reading the introduction in a Kanji learning book. about onyomi (Chinese pronounciation) and kunyomi (Japanese pronounciation). I realised that I have forgotten much of what I learnt from my Nihongo classes few years back. Bleah... At least my friend recommended me Duolingo app so that I still can brush up.

The blessing in disguise from the two hours of standing around and walking aimlessly while waiting for my phone is that when COVID is over, I better practice shopping around before I travel overseas again. My legs are so painful and I cannot imagine how I can survive a day at Disneyland from opening to closing time. And I know just doing that for a day is not enough as usually I spend a minimum of two days. Haha.. In short, after 1.5 years of just rotting at home, my body will not be ready for overseas trip anymore. That also reminds me that I already stopped even exercising at home since the last round of gym closure. Haiz.. that means all my physical fitness is also gone.

I felt like an idiot after I realised that there is a back up option in the phone. I should have done that instead of just transferring the photos. So all the newly saved numbers since I changed to this new phone are all gone now. Haha... I am getting lazy to save numbers since it is easy to see who the numbers belong to in Whatsapp. I guess I can enjoy my peaceful and antisocial life even more now. Hehe... If someone needs me for something then I will eventually get the number again.

No comments: