Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Miser

I am getting lazy to blog anything recently as I realise my life is getting monotonous and I will just end up rambling about the same things all over again. My mind is all about money, food, and not losing weight. All are inter-related and each takes turn to drive me crazy in varying degrees.

It looks very possible to keep my total spending for meals to below $200 this month. I do not have specific purpose for achieving this goal but this drives me to be a miserable miser this week. After every meals, I would calculate whether I would exceed and how much I could save for the weekends when usually I spend a bit more because the hawker center is not open. I was even upset with Grab hiding their 25% off for self pick-up promo today. There are ongoing 15% and 25% but somehow the 25% is not appearing unless I manually key in. The code is supposed to be active since last Saturday. The ridiculous thing is that the 10% difference is only equal to less than $1.50 of what I could have saved. Why am I so upset just over $1.50.

I failed to abstain from potato chips for the rest of this month with 2 packs of Doritos over the weekend. As usual, I regretted buying although that means I would not be tempted for Doritos anymore. At this point, I know only Kettles and Ruffles are worth buying for me but I will only buy when they are below $4 per bag. Even with this realisation, I am always tempted to get miscellaneous brands even though I know I would regret later on. Really addiction problem.

I do not know when I have the willpower to start my home exercises again. Haiz.. Despite the relatively strict diet control, I cannot lose further weight. I cannot cut my food even further as now I am only eating 1 meal for lunch and 2 bananas for dinner. I need to supplement it with physical activity already.

Haiz... see... I am just repeating all these things all over again. Perhaps to encourage myself, I should be proud that I was able to avoid 1-for-1 offer for Popeye's and Xing Fu Tang last week. Honestly in the past week, almost everyday I already put something in the Grab or Deliveroo cart but in the end I managed to restrain myself and just closed the app.

No comments: