Monday, May 18, 2009

First week of my "job" is over :) Now my weekend becomes Sunday Monday haha.. And everytime I meet any friends, I find it difficult to say what the hell I am currently doing.. Working? No because I am not paid. Attachment? No because there is no MC or whatever. So I totally don't know what I am doing.

Thanks to my cake shop experience last time, I was not very worried or what for this. In fact, I am glad that my preceptor is nice and that there is another student working (she is working.. and getting proper payment). At least when there is no business and during lunch time, I have someone to talk to and to eat together with.

I am amazed with my preceptor. She is really acting as a pharmacist and not as a retailer. When some people do not really need medication, she will tell them that whatever discomfort they are experiencing will go away and there is no need to waste money to buy medicine. Wow.. Such a good example.

Learning wise, she is very enthu.. On top of the very thick stack I got from Watsons on the first day, she still gives her own additional exercises.. Can do until die T_T She also knows when to spoonfeed and when to give answer so I find it quite enjoyable and makes me not hesitant when I want to ask anything.

My memory fails me again and again. I cannot remember the brands and what the contents are. That's the only stumbling block from me to fully handle costumers. I just find it totally not funny if after I ask the symptoms etc etc and when I turn back to see the cabinet (and all the drugs), I spend minutes to think (or worse, I start taking out and find which one I will recommend) before giving the medicine. If I do like that, I think the costumer will be scared also haha..

I guess that's all my thoughts so far.. I hope I can remember things better.. My progress so far: 1 prescription. But I haven't really written down the report on that prescription. Haiz sianz.. Still have exercises.. and dunno what H1N1 action plan thingy.. Haiz.. so waste time..

Really spoil my momentum to play game T_T and worse.. when I had an off day yesterday, the internet was shit T_T sadness...

No comments: