Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Relationshits

Politicking at work is normal and expected. But at least if you want to do it, do it with more class instead of some gutter politics. I was very pissed last week with one of my colleagues from another team. Firstly, the issue is not really something within the control of my team and secondly I am not in charge. The bitch was just using my name just because she did not dare to use my boss' name. What irritated me even more that she usually complains about how her subordinates are lazy and like to taichi stuff and yet now she is doing the same thing. What a hypocrite.

Instead of retaliating in the same way, moving forward I will show her how to play politics with class. Previously she would use me as a bridge if she needed something from my boss but she did not dare to approach directly. I would not entertain her anymore when she has such issues. I usually try to settle things 'behind the screen' as much as possible, especially when there is a problem, so as not to embarrass the culprits. Next time if it involves her or her team, I will just skip that and go directly to the group email which includes her boss. After all, in our common tasks, usually her team is the one causing the problem. So in all, it is her loss since usually her tasks and teams are the one having more problems and then will require help or input from my team.

Leaving this bitch aside, something interesting from my old place poped out again last year. My godma forwarded me a screenshot of my old photo (taken for World Pharmacists Day a few years ago) in a recruitment advertisement. I was not even aware that the photo was used for this purpose as I only knew that the photo is still being used in the 'About' page of the corporate Facebook page. I find the tagline very hilarious: Make a positive move. The word positive and me do not go hand in hand. Haha.. I joke with my friends that this screenshot is a perfect meme material to beware of scam because the positive move is actually moving out of that company. Lol.

Something related to my previous post that I did not write then is another factor that sort of spoiled my mood for the weekend retreat. I decided to block my mum on Whatsapp on Saturday morning. I have been ignoring her for the past one month with the hope that she would speak to my sisters when there are issues at home instead of running away from the problems and texting me while there is nothing I can do. Unfortunately, things do not change and I am just fed up with her repeating words about my dad (Mum, please, dad is gone. Thinking of him is not going to help with anything) and 'Do you love me? Do you care?' (Excuse me, do you even love/care for me? You are the one leaving me homeless for so long.) I know this is so un-Christ-like but I am just running out of the capacity to love and care about others.

It suddenly dawns upon me that it is end October and it is not a surprise that my mood is getting worse recently. In fact, tomorrow will be the 18th year of my homelessness. Bleah.. Clearly I have not gotten over it :'(

No comments: