Sunday, September 22, 2019

Vision in life

Work overseas trip is usually tiring so I am very happy that this latest trip has been the least tiring. I managed to do all the appraisal and I do not have any outstanding homework to do. Hehe.. In fact, I don't mind to travel again for year-end appraisal since it is much easier and fruitful to do appraisal face-to-face instead of through internet calls. The ability to see people's response and body language is priceless and very important.

I enjoyed the flight back since the new B787-10 plane feels more spacious. I did not manage to sleep thanks to the asshole in front of me who leaned back to the maximum. Plane makers should seriously limit the leaning back angle since there are plenty inconsiderate fucking assholes around. I continued Fall in Love at First Kiss and then watched a Japanese movie Cheer Boys!! (yes there are 2 exclamation marks). Separate posts on the movies later on.

I was considering to go to the gym but I succumbed to sleep in the end. Luckily in the evening, I successfully fought the laziness and attended parish formation talk with the title the Mass is Boring. Thank God it was quite a fruitful session and I come back with new perspective and appreciation of the Mass. Some information are not new as I think I have learnt them before during RCIY which obviously I have forgotten now since I have not been a good Catholic.

I want to be patient and positive but I think I need to rant about my current boss. Haiz.. This is the second time in the past month that I feel very irritated. If you want something to be done your way, you might as well say. Don't expect others to think like you do or know what you want. Then when they don't ask or they have different ideas, you get angry with them. Ridiculous leh. I need to relax and be patient myself since I know she can be moody anyways. As long as I am not the direct target of her unhappiness, I shall just be patient.

My lower back, my shoulders, and my neck are becoming my weak points preventing me to exercise as regularly as I would like to. I don't know if I injured myself of if I am doing the movements wrongly. One thing for sure, I am not going to push myself hard and I will just aim alternate day exercise just to make sure that I am not being sedentary. My gym membership is ending soon and after that I need to decide what to do next :( Sad. I am actually okay to go gym regularly but no my body does not seem to allow it.

Yesterday I had a random encounter at church which troubled me a bit. I wanted to buy a book that was being promoted so I asked the price to one person. Suddenly the person next to him (not the one I was talking to) asked me a random question "Are you also asking questions about your vision in life?". I was stunned and asked him back what was his random question all about. He simply replied "Don't worry. You will get your answer soon.".

Wow.. many questions were triggered in my mind. Is this some divine message from God? Is my emo-ness and lack of energy to live that obvious? Am I going to die soon since that what I have been thinking of (but now come to think of it, I feel a bit scared)? Or am I going to find a girlfriend soon? I am also anxious thinking about what if I am called to a religious life instead? No point thinking much about this and I will just keep myself open to whatever God has in place with me.

My blood donation was supposed to be on Wednesday but because of my trip, I only managed to do it today. I think it turned out to be a blessing in disguise since it is actually a nice Sunday routine to go for morning mass, gym, and then blood donation. It was not too busy at 10am and the staff were pretty chatty. I learnt that they are also affected by the haze since when the PSI crosses 100, they will have to decline the younger donors as they need to ensure the younger donors remain healthy first. It was my third donation this year so I received a T-shirt souvenir. Woah.. my initial thought was Red Cross is very rich to give T-shirt as souvenir but then I realised if people are wearing the T-shirt, it will help to spread the message and promote blood donation to the public. That is quite an effective advertising. While the design is not that wow, I am okay to wear the T-shirt outside if not because of the tag line at the back of the T-shirt: 3 donations = 9 lives saved. I am okay to promote blood donation but to show off (that I have made 3 donations) is a turn off -_-" Haha but perhaps that is just my own thinking since other people will not know if that tag line means I have donated 3 times this year. Lol.

No comments: