Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bias

The latest top news locally is about corruption saga of City Harvest Church. More than $20million is allegedly misused for personal purpose of the church leaders and this money comes from tithe of the congregation. Yup Protestant churches are well known to follow strictly the rule to give back 10% of their earnings back to God.

As a fellow Christian, I am saddened by this case. Afterall, all men are sinners and we should not judge one another. Even the religious people are humans too.. They too will fall into sins, just a matter of what sins. We should not instantenously see them as the biggest scums of the earth or something like that.

As a Catholic, however, part of me is being evil and "rejoicing". Even though both Catholics and Protestants are Christians, there is always an unseen enmities between us. Yup it is a shame and a scandal to our God. After all, we all preach about the same God the same Bible and ironically we are not working together to create His Kingdom. Before passing any judgement, however, I remember that Catholic is not without scandal too. Remember the child sexual abuse cases? I think that is even more despicable and disgusting than money embezzlement.

Anyway, we still do not know the outcome. However, as a human being, I can't help but feel disgusted that these people are still bringing God. IF (yes that's an assumption) they really have done something wrong, it is really shameless and a blasphemy to still tweet publicly about "God" and "his Kingdom". Oh well, not guilty until proven otherwise.

The above merely shows how biased people can be. I admit that I am naturally not a good person. I am nasty, I am short-tempered, I am selfish and so on. It takes a great deal of self control for me to keep my calm and cool. I am very very angry with my colleagues today. Complain complain and complain zz..

You know it was not my choice to join the customer service workgroup. I was not there for the meeting and I was not the one suggesting the lame and stupid idea. In fact, I tried to make the idea less idea and less lame for them. I even try to make it more beneficial to them: think of something positive about your colleagues. Gosh, how difficult can it be? It is just human nature to point out negative things easily.. It is just an Asian culture that it is difficult to praise someone for their strengths. Hello.. all of us are humans. We all have strengths and weaknessess. I just cannot take it when people complain but they cannot give suggestion to improve. If you think that you are much better than that person, then you prove it! Do the job better! Complaining does not make you better. I get irritated when I heard people say "A is slow! B is slow!". Hello.. if you think they are slow, then you help them to make it faster lar -_-" Just imagine if I start going around telling people "Hi I think you are very stupid can you please be less stupid?". Well I don't do that. Because I am not stupid. I am able to distinguish what can be improved and what cannot. If you think something can be improved, you can tell that person to improve. If you know that it cannot be improved, then you find someone else to help to improve it.

Anyway, fine fine fine.. Since all of you are happy to be "good, friendly, helpful" people, then I shall keep it as that. My initial plan was to make a "cert" for everyone with positive affirmations from the rest. Thanks to your "cooperation", I can save the time from making the "cert". What's the point of doing when everyone is "good, friendly, and helpful"? What's the point of doing this when you know everyone is not being sincere? Oh well, FAIL FAIL FAIL.. Fuck you all. I am angry. I hate to do things for the sake of doing.. When I have poured in effort to do something, I want to achieve something. But again, perhaps that's because I am smart.

No comments: