Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Setback.. again

I am getting tired.. pissed off.. and frustrated with my project.. again and again. I did my TEM imaging and again I did not get what I wanted to get. I felt super irritated during the process. My eyes were tired in focussing. When I observed things, I could not tell for sure whether what I saw was the reality or just a figment of my imagination. After all, you see what you perceive. Haiz.. Amazingly, I only found like 5 tubes in my whole copper grid.. This can be good or bad thing. The good thing is: perhaps if I re-do with another sample, I may get more tubes and can find the successful ones. The bad thing is: when I repeat and I get the same results, it means I have failed and wasted my time..

Emo emo.. So I took a break (again!) from lab. Thank goodness this time I rebound quite quickly. Tomorrow I will go back to do other stuff. Bah!

My braces would be removed soon. Yay! I don't think my teeth are 100% perfect though. Haiz but I guess I shall focus more on 'health' rather than 'beauty'. If I wanna get 100% pefect, maybe I will die with my braces ba..

Yesterday I also went shopping hehe.. And I found the continuation of the manga Messiah! Cool! The title is Metamorphosis. I honestly could not tell which books the stories are from. My guess was Book of Apocalypse. It turned out to be from the Acts of the Apostles. I prefer Messiah. Messiah is based on  Jesus' life in the 4 Gospels. So it feels more like a story. Metamorphosis seems choppy.. and really it's like collection of separate stories from the Acts.. I guess it is because the Acts is that way ba.. And maybe I am also biased in my preference since I enjoy reading Gospels more than the Acts haha.. No offense to St. Luke okay.
I wiki-ed and found out that the series will have 3 more manga to go based on the Old Testaments. They are not released yet but the projected titles are Mutiny, Melech, and Messengers. My guess is: Messengers => Life of prophets, Melech => Kings, Mutiny => I have no idea seriously hahaha... From the first 5 books of the Bible perhaps? And as expected from a bible related items, there are some criticisms. Well, my stand is: this is a bible-based manga, for God's sake! It is not meant to be a graphical representation of the Bible or anything like that. As a manga, I see no harm that some things are not 100% the same as the bible or with the infusion of some jokes to lighten the mood. I personally feel that the disciples here are more like school students and sometimes they are quite 'naughty' and 'playful' to one another and to their teacher a.k.a Jesus. And I am find with that. In fact by reading this, I often feel like "Eh got such thing in the Gospel meh?". Then I would actually open my Bible to clarify (at the bottom of each page, there is a reference from which Gospel reading the story is taken from.. cool eh?). So this manga has been sort of a blessing to me. I highly recommend :)

I finished my dvd hunting and I decided that I Not Stupid Too TV series is already extinct in Singapore. Gah.. And yesterday I had to go back to Jurong Point because the shop at PlaSing did not have the same offer as the Jurong Point branch. Haha.. I still managed to snatch the $5 Godhand Teru. Lol.. No time to watch though

No comments: