Saturday, August 10, 2019

Things have not improved

My back pain still has not recovered and it is still troubling me. The location of pain continuously changes, it appears and disappears randomly, and no body movement can trigger the pain. I went to see doctor again in hope of getting a referral letter for MRI but I was only asked to try calcium for 2 weeks and to see how. The doctor was also unable to find out the problem as all the movements she asked me to do did not elicit the pain. She hit my back and that also did not trigger the pain. Essentially musculoskeletal pain, slipped disc, kidney stone, and even gout were considered but ruled out since my symptoms do not really match any. Bleah.. Thank goodness for the long weekend. If after 4 days of rest my back still has not recovered fully, it will be a clear indication that the problem is still somewhere out there.
New rosary rings
The new rosary rings that I ordered from Amazon just arrived today. As expected, the quality is not as good as the one I lost as the material of these new ones is lighter and feels more hollow. Oh well, I have let go and I will just have to make do with these new ones. Tomorrow I hope to get these blessed by a priest if the priest whom I know is around.

Since I already write about rosary, let's just continue with more religion things. In the midst of my emo-ness and negativity with life, one line that stood out the most to me from the last Sunday's reading is Jesus' reply "Who appointed Me a judge or an arbiter between you?". Comparison with others always make me ungrateful and jealous and usually that is the root of all the wishful thinking for all the wordly possessions. That line stood to me as if Jesus was telling me: Now you know why all your prayers for wealth and all that never come true. These earthly things are not my business yo. Okay, but I still want my health T_T

I was asked to read Luke 11:1-13 (Jesus teaches Our Father) during Landings session on the weak before. Last year I was considering to try out as a lector but I think this is a reminder that I was right not to try hahaha.. This is the second time I had to read a reading from the Bible and I always felt the same thing: it was quite stressful to prevent reading wrongly and somehow the position of the mike was always bad that made me have to tiptoe and tilt my head to a rather bad position. Although the good thing about the bad position was it made me slow down and my voice low.

Back to the long weekend, I finally had my Mao Shan Wang durian delivery yesterday. I was worried if there would be any driver willing to pick it up because not everyone likes the smell of durian. Now I need not to worry anymore because the shops are really well prepared. They seal the box of durian in a plastic bag to ensure that the smell does not escape. I will not hesitate to order again but my throat was a bit sore this morning so it may not be a good idea to buy again this afternoon since tomorrow I still have Aladdin musical to watch haha.. For the record, it is about $30 for 350gram of de-husked durian which should be from 1 piece of the whole fruit. Aaargh but I am really really tempted to buy again!!

No comments: