Tuesday, September 18, 2018

New job

I am a loyal person and it has never been my aim to job hop. It is sad that things come to how they are right now and finally I am moving on to my next job. I concussed after the first day yesterday so I only managed to blog today.

I felt a mix of excitement and worry but overall I was looking forward to the job. The worrying bit is because I have to start and learn from scratch all over again. I did not really have experience with that since for my first job, I had my training when I was still undergoing pre-reg training so it was really under a learning/training environment.

So yesterday my friend offered to meet me at Labrador Park MRT to walk to office. There was a last minute change so he ended up driving. He picked me up and sent me home so I only managed to explore the area today. From Labrador Park MRT, it is about 15 minutes walk to Alexandra Technopark. It is not bad but when it is sunny, it is quite jialat. Alternatively there are 2 buses (93 or 155) that I can take if I do not want to take MRT but I think I have to spare 1.5-2 hours for that so perhaps I shall explore some other days.

So after all orientation, there was a welcome lunch for me. Whee... 2 hours lunch and paid by the company. Something that never and will never happen in the previous company. During the interview, I came to know that my team would consist of about 16 people but it turned out that only 4 are based in Singapore and the rest is in the Phillipines. So essentially I am working in quite a small team here and my dream of making Japanese friends for travel advice will just be a dream.

I feel like now I am back in my pharmacy year 2 times busy mugging biostatistics. What I could not understand and remember back then, I still cannot understand now. Haha.. Oh well. Clearly the B+ means no shit.

No comments: