Monday, November 14, 2011

Tintin

This is a bit 'old' because I watched The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn on last Thursday. I am not a fan of Tintin. In fact I never read any Tintin book. I watched the trailer a week earlier before The Three Musketeers started and I was not every interested. Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson have big names but I am also not a fan. Lol.. the reason why I watched was because the good review in the newspaper o_0 Haha.. Or maybe because I was to free.

Anyway, the movie was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. The animation is like WOW.. I can even see the freckles and the pores on the characters' face! I love the details of the marketplace at the beginning of the story, the city of Barggha, as well as the port at the climax. These places look gorgeous.. seriously. The action sequences were EXCITING and I really had adrenalline rush during the chase-and-run sequence in Barggha and on the tanker. The battle between the 2 ships was (okay I run out of good adjective) even more exciting than the airship battle in The Three Musketeers. The climax (for me) was when the plane crashed at the desert. Even though I know the people would not be dismembered by the spinning blades, it was still very exciting.

Despite all the goodness, I still don't think it is perfect. I don't see the point of the pickpocket old man as he does not seem to be involved at all with the main conflict. And the final showdown at the port is anti-climatic. The worst part, perhaps, is the ending. I just hate it when stories are "hanging" there.. Sigh..

I just find it interesting that the last 2 movies that I watched bear so many resemblances. Firstly is the ship battle (one is airship, one is ship in the ocean). Secondly, the endings are 'hanging' suggesting possible continuation. For this, I think the ending for The Three Musketeers is more exciting. I can foresee (and will be willing to watch) for a sequel then Britain attacks France. Tintin's ending rather sucks as after the whole movie, what they manage to discover is just "another clue" for the real big treasure somewhere in the ocean.. Bleah..

But overall, I think it is a good watch. Perhaps rating will be 4.8/5. Lol. I will rate it 5/5 if not for the 'final battle which is overshadowed by the previous scenes' and the 'hanging' ending.

No comments: