Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Public holiday feels much more shiok after entering working life.. Yeah.. today is my first public holiday after starting work. Perhaps last time I did not appreciate holiday that much because I was a slack student. So everyday felt like a holiday too! Lol.. However, the day before the holiday became a horror day. The number of people who were taking MC was staggering yesterday. 400+ people before lunch break. In normal days, there are only about 500+ people. I am expecting something worse tomorrow when all the appointment/chronic cases will flood in. But oh well, save tomorrow for tomorrow :D

I went to Strictly Pancakes with people from my workplace last night. A bit pricey and not worth it. The innovation and creativity were good, the taste (of the toppings) was good too. The irony is that the pancakes are the most disappointing ones. They were too soft and it was very difficult to cut and to eat them. It was impossible for me to fork the pancake and bring the fork to my mouth before the pancake "disintegrated". That really spoilt the eating mood as I had to eat unglam-ly. Their supposed specialty (the chocolate-flavoured pancake) was also only so-so as it still tasted like normal pancake.. No chocolate taste at all..

After dinner, we went to play pool for awhile. I forgot how to play already lol. Initially I thought I was still remember.. I put the stance and pushed hard enough only to have the stick "fly" upwards instead of hitting the white ball. Damn paiseh -__-". The second try, I used the other stick to help me but it went horrible too. Haha.. I forgot the "natural" way to even hold the stick or to form the comfortable finger thingy for the stick to rest on. Lol..

This morning I had BK breakfast. The ads on buses were tempting haha.. Wasted my $6.95 as it was not very filling. But oh well, just to fulfill my craving.. Hopefully it fills my stomach until dinner time to make my $6.95 worth it..

I hardly had the time to read newspaper so I was quite surprised with the latest news as I saw the headlines at Yahoo!. I just realised that the transportation fee would be increased. And something is happening to USA economy (which I don't understand as I never learn economy) and another recession is feared in the near future. Still about recession, I think there is some riots happening in the UK due to the economy stuff.. Haiz.. What a bleak future...

No comments: