Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lost

I finally succumbed to the dark side.. Today I came horribly late for lecture. It was like I left my room when the teacher started teaching already. Lol.. I missed 8 slides or about there.. I just hope that it will not be a habit. On top of that, after 3 weeks of fasting from junkie and expensive food, I finally lost it to Subway.. Though I bought the cheapest option possible (cold cut trio! veggie delight is not included in the option haha). The red wine vinegar sauce was available.. add that with the green chilli and woow... straight away I went to toilet haha..

The reason I succumbed to Subway was my blood donation drive duty. Haha.. I had a great time.. To be honest.. I was sian at the beginning.. But in the end, I felt that I did something so that gave a good feeling. I expected a crazy lunch peak hour.. unfortunately what I got was peak hour all the way until the closing time haha.. I guess everyone had an early Wednesday. It was tiring to stand for 6 hours but I guess preceptorship has given me the "foundation" lol.. a pair of strong legs to sit for long periods wakakaka...

I was stationed at the worst part.. Between the slowest moving Hb test and long blood donation queue haha.. The Hb test queue was fed by the people after medical screening.. so when the 2 doctors were on duty.. omg.. there were not enough seats.. I had to add seats.. and arranged people to sit until so confusing.. Wah.. at the worst period, there were more than 20 people in the queue lol.. But not bad.. at least I learnt something: my crowd control skill is not bad hahaha..

A few memorable experiences:
1) Couples and friends who came in pairs were the most irritating people. They did not want to move their butts if they had to be separated to different row (even though that means 1 in front of the other only). Wth la.. There were really shortage of seats and space and everyone really had to move the moment the next chair is empty.

2) There was one oh-so-omg bimbo.. She was so lazy to move her butts and complained dunno dunno what.. Got say things like "I am here out of goodwill to donate" to her friends etc.. Then after Hb test.. unfortunately she did not pass the station. Wakaka.. I should not laugh but then.. who ask her mouth to be that big lor -_-

3) 1 medicine student who came back twice. Haha.. he had to go for his lessons so he returned to queue at the Hb test (longest queue) again. I am glad he still remembered me haha and asked me where he should queue lol.. Basically he queued 2x so I was quite impressed that he still wanted to donate.. Interestingly, he asked me whether I am year 1 wakaka...

4) There was another guy.. a combination of cute+handsome omg I am so jealous!! Haha.. Since he was a first timer, there was this auntie who took photo of him.. Zomg.. Out of so many first time donors, she only took photo of this guy wakaka...

5) There was one guy who was trying to explain to this PRC girl about why she had to wait for the Hb test (she got pricked already and she was asked to wait). Woah.. for once my scientific knowledge is helpful haha...

6) I did a mistake.. but lucky this PRC guy was so nice.. I thought he was going to queue for the Hb test when he actually was telling me that he just did the test.. So I brought him to the wrong queue and his order was cut by a few people.. Lucky he did not seem to be agitated at all haha..

7) I saw many friends.. Haha.. And some of them faint/giddy lol.. But I was so happy to see someone from my jc og last time lol.. He still remembered me and a bit of chit chat with and old friend is always good. Haha..

Well it was tiring but fulfilling day.. I am seriously very impressed.. Many Singaporeans are very generous.. I believe that there is no more generous act than giving own blood to strangers.. yep.. if only singaporeans will extend this generosity to their every day life, this country will be so much better place.. A lost hope I believe hahahaha...

No comments: