Monday, January 29, 2007

Gloom...Gloom...

Nowadays, the number of places selling anime OST is dwindling. In fact, there is almost none. Yesterday I went to KTC (another haven for dvd and such stuff) but my search for anime mp3, japanese songs mp3, or anime ost was futile. There was none. I was so down that I did not bring my Dear Boys and Final Fantasy XII to be exchanged with the better ones as these 2 dvds I have are screwed. There was one shop selling recorded anime dvds (I mean the owner download the fansubs and save it to dvd and sell it) but I did not buy because the shopkeeper was so unprofessional. I wanted to buy Prince of Tennis so I asked which episodes they were selling and the answer that I got was "There are 35 dvds". Gosh...I was dumbstruck!!! 35 dvds?? How many episodes are there in one dvd? Idiotic... The "proper" ones that I own have 20 episodes in a dvd. So 700 episodes??? Ridiculous!! I did not buy that >.< In the end I only bought Shulato (it is a very old anime, as old as Saint Seiya TV series as can be seen from the picture). I checked the beginning of each episodes and they are okay so I hope there will be no problem. If I go back there next week, I shall remember to exchange the 2 dvds I want to exchange and go dig out new animes such as Samurai Deeper Kyo and Vision of Escaflowne. I saw them yesterday but I was not in the mood to buy new anime (my intention yesterday was to get SONGS) but I bought Shulato because only one shop selling that. Hahaha...

I checked out Anime Machi but the anime ost there was very few and I could not find what I was looking for. Haiz... I miss the shops where I used to buy and order anime stuff. So in the end of a very long and saddening day, I concluded that I should hunt anime songs from the net. It was fruitless too. But tadaa... this morning (as I am typing this) I can get the songs I want. More surprisingly, it is from the website that I could not download the songs last time. Thank God.

I got another surprise last night. The Kenshin DVD with spoilt episodes could be played from the laptop. I always find it weird that sometimes what the dvd player cannot play can be played by laptop and vice versa. So I watched those spoilt episodes and unfortunately the last minute of the very LAST episode of the series was still SPOILT!!!!! Grrr.... Maybe it is because the dvd is too full lah (it has more episodes than the others of the same series).

Prince of Tennis is a very good anime. It makes me want to play tennis and it has very good songs... I must find it in Singapore though by the time I see the price in HMV I will change my mind. Usually the price of import anime cds is S$60. I wish I can buy online because usually it was about $20. However, I have no visa card yet and I never trust online shopping stuff. Except if I can pay after I receive the stuff.

I guess that's all for today. I did not have enough sleep last night. I had only about 5 hours but interestingly I could not fall asleep again this morning.

No comments: