Saturday, December 15, 2018

Digimon shopping

Digimon tri reignites my Digimon fanboying and while searching for images for my blog post, I discovered more Digimon-related merchandises that tempt me. Firstly, I managed to find a complete English set of Digimon 01, 02, Tamers, and Frontier comics from a carousell seller. $20 for 14 comics book is extremely good deal. In addition, it was my first time using Park and Parcel which is a very convenient way of delivery. For $3, the seller packed the item and I could collect it from Peek-a-Box at Junction 8. That is definitely better than travelling a meet up at ulu places.

Secondly, I bought 2 Gomamon plushies from 2 different carousell sellers for $10 and $5. I know these are not authentic but there are so few official Gomamon plushies and I don't know where to find so this is the closest that I can get to having Gomamon plush. There is metal wire for each ear so that the ear can stand and bend like in the anime. With these being bootlegs, the wire is not long enough and look at the non-standardised shapes.
Only a week after I bought both, I discovered that there will be official Digimon plushies planned for release in March 2019 to commemorate 20th anniversary of Digimon. If only I have a huge space, I will buy a complete set :( Nevertheless, I decided to be crazy and pre-ordered 2 Gomamons and 2 Patamons. Let's think about space issues when they arrive next year.
All look so cute T_T
Thirdly, Digimon tri collaborates with a Japanese spectacle shop, Megane Ichiba, for Digimon-themed spectacles. I am crazy enough to pre-order through Goody Japan and I am thankful that they are willing to put in the degree for the lenses after I provided the screenshot. I am planning to wear the spectacles for daily use so I was seriously thinking about practicality. In terms of colour, I think Yamato/Gabumon or Joe/Gomamon versions are the safest. However currently my spectacles are blue or black so I decided to be crazy to get Takeru/Patamon version. Hahaha.. See how it goes. If the fit is good, I will be ordering Joe/Gomamon version as well. I am not biased just because I like Gomamon but I dislike the exposed temples. Temples are the official term for the "arms" of a spectacles.
I don't dare to visualise myself wearing Koushiro's frame
That is all for the Digimon related things, at least for now. Haha.. With Christmas coming, the shopping does not end here. After great deliberation, I make up my mind not to get Royal Selangor Age of Ultron figurine. With the Avengers: Endgame movie coming, I am hoping for a possibility of an even more fantastic figurine with more characters. I finally gathered the courage to ask the price for Picxel. A board of 10" x 10" is $100 and there are options to merge several boards to make a bigger picture. Now I can finally put aside my curiosity and my wish to get this. Haha.. although it will be quite a unique piece of art to own that can be based on my face, I think $100 is too expensive for something that may not look so obvious like me. Lol.

With that I decided to shift my attention to get another clay figurine of myself. Lol. This time the shop is called Duomedoll and I decided to try the personalised figure, instead of choosing from the available bodies, since it only cost $20 more. Initially I wanted to have the body as Squall but the quotation was too high for me ($360). So I decided to design the body as Heero instead. Let see how it goes when it is done.

To end this waste money post, I gladly share that last week someone bought my Cedric Diggory wand. Wow.. after more than 1 year being posted on carousell, finally someone bought it. The buyer was also very nice and I am happy to deal with her. She was happy as she thought the wand would be of some cheap ass quality.
Sold for $10

No comments: