Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Shiok public holiday

Finally public holiday feels like a true holiday. Gone are the days worrying about pre- or post-PH load or worrying about people faking MCs and lying to negotiate urgent leaves. I am basically chilling out since yesterday evening to catch up with my games. I am running out of money for Tsum Tsum and I am so far behind for the FF Mobius collaboration event with FF X which will end at the end of this month.

This morning I properly researched for my holiday plan next year and it is unbelievable that the air ticket price to Europe is almost as expensive as 5D/4N vacation plan at Disneyland Paris. I still want to go though because it has been more than 5 years since I went there and there are more opportunities for character photos. It is the visa application that turns me off as I am very lazy to do the forms.

Deliveroo is becoming even better to support my slack life when I do not have any need to travel outside. The minimum amount per order has been removed (although some eateries still have this $12 minimum) and delivery fee is free for Deliveroo Plus subscription. These essentially remove the barriers that previously deter me from ordering too frequently namely to meet the $12 minimum and the difficulty to find 1 place to order which has good food and drinks. Now I can simply order food from 1 place and drink from another place. I am pretty sure since both changes were implemented, I have spent much more and gained much more weight.

That brings me to comparison with Honestbee. I knew about this since it began when I got a flyer at Holland Village. I never bothered to try since I already have Deliveroo account and I do not want to have so many accounts for similar purpose. That is a right decision as Honestbee is quite a shit company. Honestbee has Habitat near my workplace and I gave it a try when it just opened. That was how I was introduced to the horrible service. My order was cancelled after waiting for half an hour and the refund was not immediate. After waiting for a week, I contacted them and was told that something was wrong which caused my refund not processed yet. Well I don't care since to me it feels more like dishonestly. In the first place, why is the refund not immediate when the shop rudely cancelling my order because they were not able to cope with the load? Lame. The concept of Habitat is cool and futuristic: ordering and payment are done through the apps but it will be wasted if the company is not improving. I am not surprised that the reviews in Google is mostly 1 star so my sentiment is clearly shared by many others.

I am sad that I have decided to suspend my gym membership for a month. I did not go for the past 1 week as last Monday, my left knee was suddenly very painful even when I just placed my hand on top of it. There was no redness or swelling, just the pain upon contact. On Tuesday, the pain completely moved to my right knee. According to my aunt, likely the problem was with my back. Hmm.. it had to be because of the 12 sets of lunges and 12 sets of deadlifts on the preceeding Saturday. So after a week of rest, I decided to see if things were okay yesterday. While there was no pain, I am sure the lunges was the culprit. Then I woke up with back ache this morning. So it is pretty telling that I have injured myself and it is best to wait and give myself time to recover. Gotta watch and control my diet really carefully now :(

No comments: