Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Japan Trip Day 5: Disneysea and Disneyland

The last day at Tokyo Disney Resort is always the day of decision making. Which park should I visit first? Should I drag along my luggage or should I put it at the hotel and collect later? Should I travel to check in to Tokyo hotel first in the middle of the day or wait until the end of the day? What should I do to maximise the last day? And so on..

I decided to drag my luggage and put it in the locker at the station first. I made sure I came just before the park opened and it was already like the Amazing Race to find empty lockers. Lol. Actually there were plenty still but I suppose everyone was kancheong. The entrance queue was crazy even for people who already had the tickets. Oh well..

I went to Disneysea first because I still wanted to try my luck to find Aladdin. I started with Abu's Bazaar again as I decided to complete my loser's pin collection. Haha.. I was expecting that I could not clear and I was right.
The loser's pin collection
I knew that the crowd would be even crazier today as there was already a queue for Abu's Bazaar. I did not have to queue 2 days ago when I went in the morning. The character photo spot at the Arabian Coast was Stitch again and the queue was longer than 2 days ago. Characters started to come out at 9am and changed every half an hour so I suppose this trend is correct. The characters today were Abu, Genie, and Daisy. Sigh.. I repeated what I did 2 days ago while waiting with vanilla smoothie and coffee jelly at the Sultan's Oasis and early lunch at Casbah Food Court again. After that I still did not see Aladdin or Jasmine and I gave up. I decided to take photo with Ariel instead. I was not going to waste another day without photo like yesterday. I took photo with Ariel in December and she was in her winter clothing so I do not have her in the original seashell bra yet.

I could not be bothered with the parade anymore so I chionged to queue for photo in front before the session began. I decided to try my luck to see if it would be Minnie at the start of the second session. I thought I was 20 minutes early so it was not too bad to wait (I was like 7th in the queue) but I made a big mistake. 2 days ago was before Halloween season officially began while today was already during Halloween season so the timings for the photo changed!! I ended up baking myself for more than an hour T_T It was Mickey again and I decided to get the photo.

I decided to check in to hotel first and I went back to Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington Hotel. I reached at about 145pm and I was not allowed to check in yet. Sigh.. I know their official check in time is 2pm but there was nobody else in the lobby waiting to check in so why they could not be a bit more flexible. I was offered if I wanted to switch to Japanese style room. Since there is no extra charge and the receptionist told me that the room is slightly bigger than the western style, why not?
For myself and my 3 imaginary friends. Lol.
After a quick shower, I went back to Disneysea to try my final luck to find Minnie at the front. I was really hoping I could get the last batch of the day and it would be Minnie. It was Mickey and then there was a swap over right before my turn and I was praying hard it would be Minnie. Damn it! It was Mickey again T_T The 2 ladies behind me were also equally irritated. Both of them were also hoping for a changeover and to get Minnie so they were also disappointed that it was Mickey again. Of course I did not buy the photo again and I decided to put on my Mickey ears hat. Aiyo the photographer never told me that the hat was senget sia. Grr...

I exited and went to Disneyland hoping for a better day but the crowd was just as bad as yesterday. The queue for photo with Mickey was still over an hour. I watched Spooky Boo parade again for awhile before getting an Arribas figurine of Sorcerer Mickey (32500 JPY). I wanted the small version of Cinderella castle but I never see it again since 2015 leh. Sad. No way I am going home empty handed so I just had to buy something. Lol. At around 530pm I thought it was a good time for early dinner but wew.. the queue at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall was already crazy. Lucky I still could get a seat.

That was all for Disneyland and I returned to Disneysea for Fantasmic! and thank goodness it was not cancelled. I checked out the Greeting Trails hoping for a quick photo before queueing for Fantasmic! and the wait time was even worse than 2 days ago. I was so happy when there was no queue for King Triton's concert and then there was technical problems and the performance was cancelled. WTF sia T_T
The compensation for the cancelled show
The number of people waiting for Fantasmic! was already crazy. I was in the second row of the standing and it was too far to take photos with my camera so I just enjoyed the show with my naked eyes. Fantasmic! is still the best show from both parks. Unfortunately it started to drizzle at the end and I decide not to stay until the park closing time. I do not want to have another wet shoes and socks to dry and especially tonight I had the Arribas figurine.

To compensate my emo-ness, I chiong-ed for souvenir food. Haha..Usually I cannot be bothered about the souvenir food because I think they are overpriced. This holiday is fully for my "me time" so I decided to just buy some food to try. I said "chiong" because I was worried if the rain would get heavier. Haha.. If not because of the rain, I would not be in a hurry. I bought a box of senbei, Halloween chocolate pack (just because it comes with a small carrier bag with Tokyo Disney design although I doubt I have anything that small for future use lol), and chocolate crunch (supposedly one of the hyped food stuff here). Hmm that reminds me that I never took photos of their packaging. Well we shall see if they taste good or they are just tourists cash grab.

With all the disappointment today and the realisation that tomorrow is my last day, I feel super emo now. Sigh.. I went to get my supper from Daily Yamazaki and there was oden. I have always been curious about oden and I have to say that I like it. Hehe.. I just soaked in the bath tub to relax my feet and now I know why my sister always soaks while bathing in the evening. Haha.. I never use any bath salt though. I started packing and in order to keep myself awake, I decided to get the hotel's pay TV as the room was too quiet. I tried to entertain myself with the local TV show but they were just boring. So yeah basically I paid 1000 JPY just to re-watch Spiderman: Homecoming as it was the only thing I managed to watch before deciding the supper already went down far enough for me to sleep comfortably. Haha..

No comments: