Monday, September 8, 2014

Mid-Autumn Festival

I always thought that Mid-Autumn Festival would always be on a weekend but that is not the case. Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival. No mooncake for me this year because I am already very fat. Haha.. Alas a colleague brought some mooncakes today and I shamelessly ate quite a lot. Lol.. Sadly, I missed out the green tea one which I believe was the most delicious since it was the first one to go.

Today is the start of the school holiday and my expectations were pretty high for a quieter day. It was indeed quite quiet in the morning but it still ended late in the afternoon. Sigh.. I decided to eat McD today since it has been quite a few months since my last meal there. Too bad that the new twilight menu was not as special as its name or its look. I bought the classic twilight and it tasted rather generic like other McD burgers. Bleah..

Rainy days.. 7th months.. Tiredness... I never run out of excuses to start my jogging. Bleah.. I signed up for Standard Chartered Marathon later this December and it is just a matter of time for me to start training for it. I don't aim to win. I just aim to complete the run without shaming myself. Despite the name 'marathon', I am only signing up for 10km run. Haha.. Sinful fattening meal was another tactic to drive me to jog tonight but it almost failed again as I was too tired on my journey home.

Then shit happened.. Just mere seconds after I entered my room, my phone rang. I knew I should not have answered it because it was about my pharmacy fridge alarm being triggered! Shit! I am the 3rd in the contact list and obviously the person could not get the first two on the list. Bleah.. Since I answered, obviously I could not say no so I had to come back to office. Haiz.. As expected, it was a false alarm. Ironically, it was good that it was a false alarm, at least I did not need to crack my head trying to rescue those insulins and vaccines.

So hurray.. because of the fridge alarm, I returned home hot and sweaty and I decided to just jog. That was the first time in more than half a year. I have not run since I moved house o_0 As expected, my stamina was crap. I could only run for 5 minutes at a time before 'resting' by walking. It is going to be a gargantuan task trying to build up the stamina to last me 10km.

I feel like chickening out of the marathon T_T

No comments: