Saturday, April 21, 2012

Speed up

Thank God for the invention of automatic car. I think it is possible for everyone to drive right now. For this holiday, I only had 3 chances to practise but my confidence shot up. Unlike previously on manual car in which I had no confidence at all despite practising everyday. First session, average speed was like 30km/h. Second session, whee, I was proud with 40-50km/h. This morning, I drove to the expressway around the city. And yes Jakarta is a big city. 80-100km/h is really kinda scary. Confidence level goes up does not necessarily translate to ability though XD

I think driving kinda reflects on personality. Or is it because I am just learning? Haha.. Anyway, I don't really care if I am too slow. I am a patient driver (although I am not a patient person). Safety comes first and I don't see the point of getting so worked up because the car in front of you is a bit slow and you have to chiong to take over. Zz.. If you are in hurry then I can understand for the rush. Otherwise, really what's the point?

My cousin, who is living in the US, is coming here for holiday. I am so touched that she helped me to buy ALL the books which I requested. The total was slightly below USD45. Reasonable for 9 books. And for all, the shipping charges are almost more than the cost of the books -__-. Some books were only $0.01. Unfortunately there are 2 books which were bought wrongly: Gundam Wing Episode Zero and Ground Zero. I want the manga. But apparently there are "magazine" form. Usually 1 manga consists of 5-6 chapters. Thus, it came out as 5-6 monthly magazines first before the manga version came out. My cousin bought the first chapters of both books. Oh well.. gotta ask for help from my friends who are in US ba. Anyway not a big deal because I already have the book (bought in Singapore) previously. But since they are now extinct, and I am a big Gundam Wing fan, I am thinking of having 1 set in Singapore and 1 set at home.

Left with 3 days before my agony begins.. Sian.. There are so many things which I want to do. As I have to put in new moth balls to my comic cupboard, I have to take the comics out. I might as well take photos of all the comics which I have. Thanks to the new sofa which is nice enough to lay out the comics. And sunlight is the best kind of lighting. Still have quite a bit to go tomorrow so I hope it does not rain. I am also planning to take photos of the packaging boxes of my toys, especially the Gundam robots. After that, I still have to clean my figurines display cupboard and to read the mangas which were just out last week.

Bleah.. so many holidays and the same thing always happens. Only on the last few days that I realise that I still have SOOO many things which I should have done.. Aargh.. Gotta hurry up

No comments: