Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gemstones

 
My sister introduced me first to alternative therapy using gemstones. Since she testified that she experienced improvement, I guess it will be okay for me to give it a try. Even my dad gave it a try (after much persuasion) for his gout and apparently he felt some improvements too. Although he is a bit shy and unsure to admit, I think it is working because he is still frequently wearing the bracelet.

Previously, I was only interested for those which can help my eyes because my eyes are just terrible =x That's why so far I cannot tell whether it really works or not. Recently, as my tummy is ballooning, I am getting new stones to help me lose weight :p  This time it will be quite objective to see whether these things really work.

In layman's term, the way these stones "heal" is by absorbing the negativity/negative energy and balance whatever imbalances in the body. I will not go into (as I do not understand) the vibration and resonance to effect with the chakra etc. Too cheem. The stones have to be cleansed periodically (simply by washing under running water) to wash away the absorbed negative energy. Otherwise the stones would be "blocked". Believe it or not, my very first bracelet had its beads cracking and denting. Perhaps my negative energy was simply too much or perhaps I unconsciously banging the bracelet to the wall as I slept. Lol. Anyway, working or not working, it is still better to do something, rather than nothing, for health. Of course, they should not replace medical attention when deemed necessary.

Angelite/Angel Stone
Recently bought it from a USA seller on eBay. I demanded a partial refund because some stones came chipped and cracked, plus quite a few are having brownish inclusions. Clearly not "excellent" as described. I was given 50% sale so in total I spent $8.50 and the beads were enough to make 2 bracelets. I gave 1 to my sister.

The blue stone has whitish streaks which resemble angel wings and hence explains its name. Unfortunately, the streaks were not visible in the beads. Anyway the person at the shop where I usually buy my stones identified this as Angelite so I guess I am getting the right stone. 

I want this for the purpose of weight control. According to books, this may also help with being compassionate as well as accepting things which I cannot change.

Apatite
As the name suggests, it has got something to do with appetite. Yup, supposedly this helps to reduce the appetite for junk food, increase metabolism, and hence aids with weight loss. It may also help to promote more humanitarian attitude, draws off negativity, and increases motivation. I bought this only recently from a USA seller on eBay. About $20 to make 2 bracelets. Again, 1 is for my sister. Identity has been verified with the shop again. Lol.



Aquamarine
This is quite tricky because we usually associate Aquamarine as semi precious stones for jewelleries. And that is clear blue because it has been heated to remove the yellowish tinge. This is why the price is quite expensive (even for the "stone" grade and not "jewellery" grade which I have). Firstly, I bought a bracelet together with my sister at the gemstone shop. To split the cost, I took only 5 beads and made them into a necklace. These are the ones in the centre. The bracelet was purchased from some dodgy shop at Bugis areas for only $20. To be honest, I am not sure whether they are real or fake -__- That's the problem with semi precious stones, there are plenty of fakes. For a comparison, the bracelet I shared with my sister cost us more than double of that. People say the one I bought from Bugis is of higher quality as they are clearer. But to be honest, I prefer the one my sister had. My bracelet has yellowish tinge and I just hate yellow colour. Lol. And I prefer opaque stones with darker/stonger colour.

This is my favorite as it supposedly helps with the eyes, especially with nearsightedness, and it is also an Aries stone. Hoho.

Aventurine
Green!! Yay!! Another stone recommended for the eyes. It also helps with compassion, calming anger and irritation. My sister bought a similar one from Bugis for half of the price of mine but her green is much much lighter. So I am fine with this being more expensive because the green colour is stronger and I love green. Hoho.. Also another Aries stone. And I hope it does help to bring in wealth as what people believe.



Seraphinite
I bought this recently from Hong Kong seller. As expected, nothing good comes from there or China. The beads are not round/perfect sphere. But no choice, I bought this for less than $20. The gemstone shop where I usually shop is selling this for like $100+. Although I have to admit, the one from the shop is more beautiful and the silvery streaks resembling feathers are more pronounced. Again, I have reservations with this being fake but the shop verified its identity. I do hope this really helps to promote weight loss :D


Tiger's Eye
My very first stone! Yup, this is the one I earlier mentioned cracked terribly. I bought a new one as a replacement and lucky no more cracking. Haha.. The most common tiger eyes are the yellow colour. This one is quite pretty with the blue and red tiger eyes together. I bought this for eyes and it also helps with motivation, energy level, and laziness. Yup, once upon a time in university, I was damn lazy and tired, I skipped all the morning lectures and had no motivation to go for lecture.

Interestingly, this is recommended to be worn for short periods only. I don't know why. Haha..

Lastly, I would like to share something called "Brain Wave Therapy". It is a "music" with specific frequencies to affect brain activities. Apparently it is scientifically proven with gamma and beta waves as the fastest brainwave frequencies and signify highest level of focus, alpha waves which signifies brain activities upon relaxing or creative thinking, theta waves for meditation state (on the verge of sleeping) and delta waves as the slowest frequencies and typically appears when we sleep. I am not sure whether it is true because I don't learn so much about brain. It is recommended to listen 30-60mins for 4-6 weeks to see any effects. Similar like medicine eh? Haha.. But still, this should not replace medicine. 
And it is quite ironic that I am the guinea pig who is willing to try all these weight loss things for my sisters who are obviously fatter than I am!! Well, I admit it: I am vain!

No comments: