Sunday, January 29, 2012

Year of Water Dragon

Happy Lunar New Year of the Water Dragon 2012!!

The actualy New Year day was last week but until the celebration usually lasts until Cap Go Meh (or the 15th day) so I am still not late. I am looking forward to this year. Feng Shui masters say that last year was not exactly a good year for Rabbits (me!) even though it was a Rabbit year. This is somewhat similar for the Dragons this year. However, they say Rabbits can expect better luck this year. Yay!

Anyways, last year was not bad for me. In fact, I can say that it was good and I am thankful to God for everything. It would be amazing if the coming year will be even better!!

My aunt went back to Pontianak so I did not have any reunion dinner as previous years. However, this time my house owners invited and insisted me on coming for their dinner. Now now.. that is really very kind and nice gesture. I am thoroughly touched. Interestingly, their daughter was not there (I suppose the daughter was attending her husband's family side for reunion dinner). Instead, they invited one couple from next door. I am seriously touched. Haha.. I thought inviting neighbours for celebrations is only a thing seen in TV, cartoon shows, etc.

Furthermore, today they gave me 4 oranges. Wow.. I don't normally eat oranges. But I thought it would be "too much" if I declined such kindness. Gosh.. Will have to eat it eventually.. Haha.. Or perhaps I will bring it to work and share with my colleagues.

That's all for the update. Actually I have a lot of things to write: from dorama, shopping spree part I-lose-count-already, work-related rants, etc. Haha.. But mock presentation is waiting tomorrow so I should settle on that first.

No comments: