Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year Reunions

It was a tiring but a great first week of 2012. I had 2 reunions with my old friends: first was my ex-Watsons colleague and second was my World Youth Day groupmates. 3 years passed by so fast and yet people don't change, do they? Haha..

My technician friend will be going to Beijing for her university double degree course this August. It is interesting to find out about alternative medicines (TCM, acupuncture, chiropractic) which she is interested with. The insights from the ex-locum made me realise how blessed I am with choosing my current workplace. Haha.. Looks like it is 100% for me to stay on, provided the company still wants me.

After so long, nothing changes much in the dynamic of my WYD group. I think we are still as crazy as when we were in Sydney. Haha.. Anyway I can't stop but wonder why I am surrounded by many holy people and yet I am still a holy shit.. Sigh.. During my sharing, I came up with something which was very funny: "My faith was low. But it went lower last year when I went for mass once every 2 weeks. But don't worry, now it is back to the original low". Lol not something to be proud of.. Anyway this is the second time that people are telling me that my faith will just crumble if I do not have any ministry to serve. Oh well =x I still don't know what I can do. And frankly, I always find church people are kinda "weird". And I am shy, I don't just randomly go join a church activity. Oh well..

Deep in my heart, it is ironic to admit that the reason for being lazy about praying is that I have good life. Monotonous working life is one thing. Unlike school days when things are always changing, there are new things to pray everyday be it exam, CCA, other stuff. Now everything is the same thing. Nasty patients.. good colleague. Prayer becomes a mere repetitions day by day. However, I guess the real thing is that I often "forget" God when life is good. I only come to Him when the going gets tough.. OH NOOO God please don't make my life difficult to call me back to you!! I will try to pray!!

Another thing which kinda turns me off from Mass these days are the new liturgy. Sigh.. People keep telling me that God should be the focus, not the music etc. But seriously, choosing 'boring' songs in a foreign language (I mean Latin) which the congregation cannot even follow is seriously a disservice to the people. It looks like "holier-than-thou" attitude is quite prevalent as seen from the response in Catholic News about someone who wrote in about "his wife was refused entry into church because of wearing open-toes footwear", "unfriendly tone to instruct congregation to kneel" and  the use of Latin. I am glad that one priest gave a very understanding reply! Much better than the "holier-than-thou" Catholics/Sunday Catholics. The priest brought to mind that there are the poor out there which may not be able to afford "Sunday best" for Mass, that people at the back (with no knee cushion) perhaps choose not to kneel due to health issues, as well as questionable use of Latin in the liturgy if the congregation cannot even follow. Well done, Father!

Last thing to share is my pre-reg fair presentation. As the last speaker, I was only given like ONE bloody MINUTE to talk. I guess I exceeded but who cares. I am glad that I made people laugh with my honesty and frankness as usual. And as usual, most people have the kiasu mentality to prioritise learning. In a few months time, perhaps many will regret not following my heedings :p And in 1 year time, perhaps many will be like my classmates now, asking me about my organisation and thinking about changing job. Hoho..

No comments: