Sunday, November 6, 2011

Retail

I completed the first week of retail attachment. It is relatively slacker than the outpatient. Haha.. Although I am much more useless there because most of the people spoke in Mandarin or dialect. Although it should be more customer-oriented, I don't give a damn to the ya-ya-papaya people. 

Firstly, there was one lady who took 2 tablets of calcium daily. She never said that and only said "I want 6 month supply" in god-knows-what language. Since most people took 1 daily, she came back and protested that my colleague packed wrongly. After saying sorry, I told her off, "Next time you must say how many you take because most people take 1 tablet daily. If you never say, how do we know you are taking 2?". I think she scolded me after that (again in god-knows-what languange) "Ni suan zuo" or something, which I don't understand, which is good. Although I think it means "your mistake" or sumthing liddat. So yeah, it is amazing that there are such people exist. When you go restaurant, will you say "I want xxx to last me until dinner time"? Of course not. You will say how many portions you want. So what's this stupid way of buying medicines to just mention the duration?? Zzz...

Another irritating type of customers are those regular ones. Yes they may be regular but please, when you see someone you never meet before, how on earth you expect me to know that you are a regular and know what you want. -__-

Next irritating ones are the nurses, especially the retired ones. No offence to the nurses but when it comes to 10% off for health professionals, you people are damn irritating and damn "act big". Not all item is eligible for the 10%. And more importantly, if you cannot produce your practicing card, how do you expect me to belive that you are a nurse or an ex-nurse. Jeez.. Pharmacists come second for this kind of non-sense. The doctors are generally not like that. The last customer on Saturday was the polyclinic head. Haha. I was nervous. I knew I should give the discount but I only remembered that when I handed over the change! Lol.. Must be to nervous (and embarassed) because he mentioned that my preceptor mentioned me at polyclinic roll-call regarding compliments.

So maybe it is not a wrong decision not to go retail. I think I cannot tahan these kinds of people everyday lor. haha.. And I don't know how I can hit sales target. Based on my experience this week, I mostly refer people to doctor, recommend them cheaper alternatives, or tell them that the item they are willing to buy is not useful (in other words, don't buy!). Lol..

No comments: