Friday, June 25, 2010

Being frugal has its own downsides. I think when I see things that I like, I should just buy more than what I need at that point of time. Otherwise, it is hard for me to get these items the next time I need it. Or worse, if these items are no longer available.

With the weather growing hotter and hotter, I am looking for singlets as my pyjamas. I have one that I bought from Bossini quite a few years back. Its dry fit material is cooling and airy. It is not like the FBT material which I hate because I feel that it sticks to my body and makes me sweat even more rather than preventing me from sweating. Last time I only bought 1 because it was about $15 I think.. And few years ago, the weather was not too bad that I need to wear singlets. Haiz.. So yeah, even though there is a sports sale at Taka B1, I still cannot get any nice singlet. Darn..

I am still furious with my missing umbrella. Again, those shops which used to sell the foldable umbrellas are not selling anymore!! I don't understand why :( It's a lucrative business selling umbrella here. Sigh.. There goes my nice green umbrella. Oh well, I got a $5 umbrella from Giant and I hope it will last for quite sometime.. Even if it has a short life, at least do not disappoint me by being spoilt during heavy rain or something.

However, my biggest shock was that my dentist no longer brought in the interdental brush which I currently used. AAARGH!!! I really should have stocked up on lots and lots of the refills! Sigh.. The new one that is available is so short.. How can I reach the teeth at the back? Haiz.. I just replaced by ortho brush with the 'newer' version also and it kinda suck. The brush is kinda short so I doubt it really cleans the teeth properly. Sigh.. Sigh.. I really should have bought really really a lot!! The old ones were better and cheaper.. Oh well, I guess I was not expecting that I would wear the braces for this long anyway!

Talking about other stuff now. Haha.. At Taka B2 toy fair, there is $8 Dumbo plushie. The face is not bad. But it is skinny!! Ah it does not suit the image of an elephant at all!! Emo-ness ensues... I love my Dumbo plushie so much sigh.. Cannot help to feel angry at my mum again.. Fuck.. And at the Gundam booth, I was quite surprised to see models from Gundam Wing being sold at 30+ bucks. Looks like Bandai is re-producing the old models again. Haha.. What a great temptation. Hmm since my toy cabinet can no longer accomodate any new robots and since I cannot remember what I have and what I don't, I was not too interested. Haha.. But I am still wishing for the $80 Gundam Wing Zero Custom model.. the big one.. (grr... I cannot even recall the scale!! Looks like I have been out of touch with my hobby).

Lastly, I would like to talk about sports! Yeah.. The World Cup is getting more interesting hehe.. I am a fan (but not a very big fan) of England. I am glad that England went through. Haha.. But to be honest, for World Cup, I am always siding with the underdogs or the teams which have never won before. That's why this World Cup is very interesting.. Germany and England were in the verge of not being able to go through the next round. Then there was the French team saga, the ousted French and Italian teams, and the success of Japan and South Korea to go to the final 16. Haha.. Of course the highlight of all is the 7-0 trashing of North Korea by Portugal. Lol.. I was expecting that North Korea could make a miracle but it was not the case. Poor thing la the players.. I read an article that they might be faced with harsh punishment for shaming the countries (Ironically, the dear leader Kim Jong Il decided to allow live airing of that match lol..). Another interesting thing was an article that suggested England was cursed when they were up against Algeria. Haha.. There was this black bird perching at the Algerian goal net through out the match. Lol.. That was what a witch doctor said.

Then let's go to Wimbledon.. I was stunned to hear a match that ended with 70 - 68 for the tie-break. The match lasted for 3 days (of course not 3x24hours because the match had to stop after the sun went down).. anyway officially it lasted for 11hours plus). Bravos to the two players: John Isner and Nicolas Mahut. Will be quite sad for the loser but I guess both of them etched their name in history.. Even if they cannot be like Nadal or Federer to collect so many trophies, they can be proud for the longest match ever in history :) I doubt that Nadal or Federer will be able to have a match that long too haha.. Seriously, fighting a match for 3 days.. it must take a lot of physical and mental strength.. I doubt that Isner would be able to win the next round though haha.. Must be burnt out already.. But let's see how.. Perhaps he will make another history to win ??

No comments: