Friday, March 19, 2010

Just cleared a test today. I thought I was "well" prepared for it but apparently I could not really do the paper. Lol. I had the feeling that looking up antibiotics in the textbook would be necessary and it was indeed correct. Too bad last night I thought I had no more capacity to spare for the antibiotics and I paid the cost of my negligence.

To be honest, my COPD quite sucks. I cannot even distinguish between exacerbation vs worsening of chronic cases. I wonder what I will do in the future o_0. To make things worse, I don't know whether it is necessary to add up to 3 bronchodilators or whether it is the time to go up to add inhaled steroids. Sigh.. In the guidelines, this kind of decision is always based on PEF values but in the test question, there was nothing about PEF values. It was all vague descriptions regarding the worsening of the symptoms. Haiz..

Bah anyway I just checked the textbook (a bit too late eh?) to discover add glucocorticoids if repeated exacerbations! Gosh! I never see the bolded part before :( Now it makes sense the questions mentioned one person had 4x exacerbations in the last 2 years or something while the other person had much less (cannot remember the figure)!. Bleah..

Another shocking discovery in the textbook is the inflammation process+cell and chemical mediators difference in asthma vs COPD! Yup.. it was the COPD structured question. Haiz.. The notes only include the cells and I made up my chemical mediators. Anyway I anyhow tikam the process. Ironically, the last slide I read before the paper started was the diagram with all the cells involved. So sad that I had no chance to read the following TWO slides regarding the inflammation process and effects!! Gah.. otherwise I can crap a bit more intelligently. The second structured question was on orthostatic hypotension and unfortunately I only memorised the definition. I crapped on the symptoms and management. Bleah.. the teacher already warned "don't give me an essay" and I bullcrapped pretty long while in the notes: symptoms were being described by mere 5 words o_0

Don't be an extreme! Haha.. Previously I always find it very weird for those people who are super-duper-mega-holy. Now I discover that the other extreme are equally scary too! Lol.. Religion/faith/belief is always a sensitive issue and I have yet to discover the thinkings of those people who claim to be atheists/agnostic/freethinkers etc. I am honestly interested in how they think about this life, the happenings of this life, and the afterlife. While I was not born to a particular religion, God called me pretty early in my life. And thus I never remember the time when I was a freethinker. I am very very much interested in this topic lol..

Well talking about extreme, I am also an extreme in another aspect. Lol.. About CCA stuff ba.. I had enough! Lol.. I guess being a leader is bound to attract a lot of hatreds. When you show kindness, people will take advantage and worse, people will call you weak/lenient/etc. In contrast, when you are being just and fair, people will just bitch and call you heartless/ruthless/ngiau (??). And in this aspect, I am sad to say that I rather people know me of being ruthless and ngiau than people undermining and questioning my integrity when I am showing favours to some ungrateful people.

Hmm.. the weather is lovely today so I shall use the tiny bit of free time (before hecticness of Pharm Anal kicks in) to update my blogs. I guess it's time for me to add few games and animes that I have finished lol..

No comments: