Sunday, August 9, 2009

So old..

The academic year 2009/2010 has officially begun! The week 0 was quite happening for me.. I poped in for few days of the orientation week. That made me realise that I am feeling very old already. It seems that I no longer possess the energy, the vibrancy, the enthusiasm, and the youthfulness once I used to have. Lol.. After watching rag preview on Monday and doing some stupid Bukit Panjang thing, I came back super shagged.. and I sprained my calf o_0. So old already nia lol...

I finally had the chance of experiencing "ragging". Lol.. Half a day was enough to make me conclude that it is just not my cup of tea. Haha.. That wire-twisting, floppy disk-breaking, and painting work would be my first and last one. Haha.. Perhaps doing it last year (when pharmacy was competing and eventually won) would be more meaningful. But life is a choice. Haha.. I sacrificed the rag last year for my Sydney trip and FOW which I do not regret. Lol even when I see the new students, I do not think that I would enjoy this FOW as much as last year. Haha..

Talking about rag, I somehow feel that generally the performance was not as good as last year.. Do not talk about the halls.. They are always one level above the rest. Haha.. I am amazed with their details which could be seen even from afar. The carousel (which moved) was really stunning.. the different parts of a whale which move synchronously was great.. and some of the under the sea costumes were awesome.. One thing I do not understand is that how come there were so many similar themes: namely ship (sunk ship, pirate ship, airship, watever ship) and under the sea. For the faculty club, I think my department's effort was pretty good. If we were allowed to compete, we will definitely won few awards.

After rag, I went with a few friends to eat and play Bridge. Lol.. 3 hours went very fast when it comes to playing cards. Lol.. It was the first session where there were a lot of washing, a lot of no trump, 2 times when one of the winning pairs won zero set, and few times when I got imba set lol.. (13-1 for one round). Haha.. So for cards, I will still be quite young.. Oh ya.. it took place in McD and the frappe of McCafe was horrible.. Coffee Bean's Double Chocolate is still my favourite.

I also had a blood donation (the first after 14 months.. holy cow!). My senior asked me to donate for a friend.. I almost wanted to not go because the previous night I went for the night walk.. Due to exhaustion, my blood pressure was borderline pass (100/63). No wonder I answered the AIDS question wrongly.. Haha.. The doctor warned me to drink or I might faint. Lol.. When I told the nurse, she was more worried and asked me to eat (free food of course!) first.. After eating, I felt better :) even though in the middle of donation my vision went blur for a while (first sign of fainting). Lol.. And after all was done, I got another coupon for free food! Now I know how to get 2 meals. Hehe..

I learnt few things on that blood donation. And this excludes the way to get 2 meals lol. Firstly, due to my Lariam during YEP trip, my platelets are not donate-able for THREE years (holy cow!). So loong.. Sigh.. but at least I can still donate blood.. I thought I could not donate anything at all! Secondly, I learnt that if I faint during a donation, the bag of blood is not full, I am as good as having and accident and wasting my blood. The reason is there is anti-coagulant in the bad.. And if the bag is not full, the ratio will not be right and the blood will be unusable. So.. it was worth it to drag myself out of the bed to go to bloodbank that day! Hehe..

Okays.. I guess that's all and Happy National Day, Singapore!

No comments: