Monday, July 16, 2007

Dufan

I hate it when I have to wake up early (meaning when I have not enough sleep) and I hate it more when I am forced to go somewhere against my will. So last Saturday was a bad day because those 2 things I hate happened at the same time. I was forced to go for my dad’s office family gathering 2007 at Gelanggang Samudra (Dufan – Ancol). We had to be there by 830 though we already knew that other people would come late (anyway…my dad is the big boss so he had to show a good example). It was very frustrating for me because my dad was so enthu to go there for a mere 3-minute-long speech which nobody cared to listen to. Walawe… Okay….so looking at the bright sides, at least I got to eat the nice cheese bread and saw sea lion shows (pretty entertaining but believe me I won’t go there to watch this twice…haha..though my love for animals made me feel that those sea lions were cute animals and they were being tortured to be a ‘show’ item for damn humans).

After that, came the 4D crap show. The queue for it was so disgusting. I was more disgusted by the fact that Indon people were very bad queuers… Haiz…they kept jostling to cut queue although it was hardly significant in terms of the number of people that they could cut the queue. Damn idiots…!! Worse, they kept very close distance and I was very irritated by the lack of space for me to breathe. And just in case you are wondering how the heck can there be a 4D (4 dimension… not 4D gambling thingy) then you are smart!! No such thing as true 4D. 4D is 3D (breadth, length, depth) + another D. The ‘other’ D is very lame. It is vibrations (basically feelings). Damn disgusting lor. I wasted more than 30 minutes being sardined by discourteous, inhumane people for a mere less than 10 minute lame crappy show. It was a journey through the ice age, under the sea, and in the middle of a forest in China. Wow…very interesting (please…I am being sarcastic). And yup the 4th ‘dimension’ was the rocking chair and the water sprinklers. Alamak… The show was super ‘expected’. The surprising parts (such as appearance of shark and being attacked by snake) were not surprising (hello…the snake was already staring at your face for at least a minute). So I was very furious with the stupidity of the audience of shouting and screaming at these ‘expected’ things. Well, those parts were pretty scary (especially the snake… I have to admit that I was still quite scared though I already anticipated that it would lunge towards my face) so the screaming was still acceptable. It was very gross and crazy that they all screamed then the chair was rocking as if the ice berg dropped or the trees fell off. Alamak…. Lame people. But the ending was even lamer, the trees in the forest of China were dropping because of A PANDA!!!! Yucks… Waste my time siah..

My agony was not over with that. After that, we went to the Pasar Seni. It was irritatingly hot and I was sweating (my pants were so sticky) so I was grumbling all the way. There was an ASEAN fair so seeing all the nice food (though I was not interested in buying or eating any of them) and that quite lifted my mood up. There were 2 Viet guys singing a very boring song from their country and basically that was it. Then we went around (thankfully by car) as my dad was looking for Jimbaran restaurant (I hate seafood so I was cursing under my breath so that we would not find that restaurant). We found it (it was very deserted) and hallelujah… it was closed (I think it opens only in the evening because no sane person would want to have a meal in the middle of the sea in a very hot and scorching afternoon). Around that area, we saw some very grand houses (which have to be owned by some rich billionaires). Wow… they were still under construction but you could already tell how magnificent they would be. We were astonished and wondered how many maids the owner would need to clean the whole house. Haha… I wish I will be that rich.

Then we continued our journey to Mangga Dua and my dream of getting any anime DVD nd exchanging the spoilt Saint Seiya DVDs was shattered. Censored…censored!!! Arrgh… I saw Final Fantasy XII PC CD ROM and yeah!!! I want to buy a laptop… I don’t know whether I really want a laptop or not… Actually my biggest concern is my eyesight (the trouble when it comes to airport is second lah). I don’t know how lor… Well… had a bad day!!!

No comments: